IGNORED

Inception - Chris Nolan + Leo DiCaprio = best movie of the summer?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ansgaria

It was fucking amazing. Every aspect of it. Especially the plot and the soundtrack (which we have Zimmer to thank for). Everything just worked so well.

I've discussed it to death with my mate since we saw it.

It should just be Mindfuck: The Movie

Guest happycase

i suspect some of these overly harsh reviews are a knee-jerk reaction to peoples gushing enthusiasm. i dont see how you can dismiss it as horrible.. come on, its a fun film.

Regarding what I just said, this makes a lot of sense to me.

Guest analogue wings

Finally saw the fucker...

Juno just stands around looking beautiful

which is fine by me

Snow bit reminded me of the prologue to The Spy Who Loved Me

Nolan uses the cinematic language of retarded blockbuster crap (heist movie tropes, everything is explained to us repeatedly, characters repeat their previous expository lines when the concept comes into play, characters repeat lines as a cheap shortcut to emotional resonance etc etc etc) but none of that matters because it's all at the service of a fucking good story

4 1/2 stars (minus a half star for criminal underuse of Lucas Haas)

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Inception feels less impressive every time I think about it, Its good but I got caught in the hype. I'm really not that stoked about it anymore. Could have been quite a bit better.

I may as well give my opinion, though nobody's gonna give a fuck at this point.

Movie was definitely good, but I thought it was a bit overly complicated. Too many rules in place....And the action did little for me. I liked the movie making me think.

Primer was much, much, much better. It made your head spin with only one rule. Much more elegant.

Guest Gary C

In a direct response to the thread title. Regardless of whether this film is great or lame, it's still the best film of the summer.

Toy Story 3 seems to be the only film putting up any competition. I'm going to see it tomorrow.

Guest Franklin

once upon a time I would have really spent a lot of energy picking a piece of work apart.

Nowadays I just fucking sit down and enjoy them. I let the younger folks fight out what is good and what isn't.

I thought this movie was pretty enjoyable on the whole. Some weak performances and rushed scenarios but overall it had me fairly involved.

you're like a gazelle that's given up as the lion tears its intestines out. and the overlook is an old gazelle, limping along, easy prey. but he hasn't given up. the lion is eating his asshole and he's calmly looking at it as if to say go ahead, eat my asshole. i just ate a lot of grass and now i have liquid diarrhea and if you eat my asshole, you're gonna get shit all over you. and i'm right there with him. shitting on a lion.

SPOILER:

don't know if it has been said but the last scene is definitely a dream as the children didn't age and still do look the same as he remembered them over and over in the dreams

Archived