IGNORED

Inception - Chris Nolan + Leo DiCaprio = best movie of the summer?

Rubin Farr

i can't really see how anything else this summer looks more original or hi concept (yeah it looks a little Matrixy but wait) i'm hoping it goes back to Christopher Nolan's excellent debut works like Following and Memento.

check out trailer 3: http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/inception/

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

yeh it definitely could be the best movie of the summer in my opinion

definitely looks like it could be no doubt

What I really like about this film, it's that it's a original screenplay by Chris Nolan. Must have been great for him to greenlight this movie after the success of the Dark Knight, so it can't bad. I betya it's a personal project he wanted to do for years.

Guest Gary C

This trailer came before Iron Man, in amongst the intended summer blockbusters (Persia, A Team, Robin Hood, Expendables etc...)

I'd never heard of it before, but I quickly said to me friend next to me that Inception would be the only film any of us remember this summer.

Guest Coalbucket PI

Looks great, and good cast. Not sure if I like Michael Caine these days but apart from that. I don't know why you would think it would have anything in common with Following or Memento though.

Edit: oh and that 'musnt be afraid to use something a little bigger darling' line at the end of trailer 3 is gaaaaaaay

Looks a fair bit like dark city to me. I hope it's good.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Edit: oh and that 'musnt be afraid to use something a little bigger darling' line at the end of trailer 3 is gaaaaaaay

I haven't the trailer for a few weeks but I'm pretty sure he says musnt be afraid to DREAM a little bigger, which doesn't seem dumb to me being that I think they are in a dream world where they can manipulate their surrounding... which is a pretty cool concept.. seems like it could kinda be like the idea Ive had for a book that I've writing in my head the last year, I kinda hope it doesn't have much to do with the concept I was thinking of but anyway

Im pretty well 99% positive that line is gonna make sense in the context of the full film

• 1 month later...
Guest Gary C

I received two free cinema tickets from my work today.

So I'll be watching it on the 16th.

Archived