IGNORED

The Official 2010 World Cup Thread

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BECKS FOR COACH.

don't tell me thats not down the road in the next 8 years :emotawesomepm9:

yeah i get the same impression. what was he doing in a suit on the bench this wc anyway? not sure beckham is coach material though but not many great england players coaching that i can think of. you can't go from player to england coach without managing a league team first surely.

My understanding is that Becks was there as a cheerleader, since he would most likely made the squad had he not injured himself. I wouldn't be surprised if he one day would find himself as the English coach.

Changing the coach to some English bloke isn't going to change the fact that English players simply aren't good enough anymore. Shit goes in and shit comes out, no matter who the coach is.

Guest Mirezzi

This was the most intriguing, beguiling game I've seen in the tournament. I realize most people hate Brazil and found them to be a bit petulant. I'll agree with that, but I think they were, at times, really incredible to watch, even against Holland. As for the Dutch winning the game, in the words of Ruud Gullit: Sometimes, it's better to be lucky than to be good.

There are two things that I'll remember about this 2010 Brazilian squad. They weren't tested until they played Holland and Dunga, as his nickname suggests, was a clown.

Brazil played carefree football through an easy group. Despite struggling to break down DPRK's defense, they were never going to lose that game. They relied on a double hand ball from Fabiano to put the Ivorians away, and then played "fiesta" football against Portugal for 90 minutes of zzzzzzzzzz. There was a statistic from FIFA about defender's efficiency and the TWO most important defenders through group games were the two Chilean defenders who were suspended against Brazil. 3-0 to Brazil and without breaking a sweat. So, through 4 games in the tournament, they were untested really. The same could be said for Holland, who weren't impressive in three group game wins and were definitely sloppy in defense against Slovakia.

Coming into this match, I think both teams had yet to be tested. It really came down to discipline and that's where Dunga was inexcusable. Throughout the tournament, he had been throwing tantrums and generally making a spectacle of himself on the touchline. When Melo and Robinho started to come unraveled in the second half, it was hardly surprising as the camera consistently revealed Dunga bouncing up and down and screaming at the assistant referee like a 4 year-old on meth.

Robben was a total cunt today, but he did exactly what he loves to do. He was under the skin of every Brazilian on the pitch and earned the stamping from Melo. One thing I'd like to say about that: if you're going to stamp a guy, stamp him in the balls and get your money's worth. You're fucking your team out of a chance to equalize, so you might as well hurt Robben. I'm exaggerating to make a point, which is that Melo is a fucking idiot and Dunga was the perfect symbol for the disciplinary nightmare of Brazil's final 40 minutes in the 2010 World Cup.

Better to be lucky than good, indeed. Dunga's team was good, but they're gone now and he is going to be crucified by every swinging prick Brazil can throw at him.

Guest Conor74

Lahm has described their upcoming clash with the Argies as Germany's first game against a big side in this tournament. Not sure why he would want to continue the needle.

Great goal by Muntari.

Archived