IGNORED

The Official 2010 World Cup Thread

Guest Mirezzi

Guest Ominous

Can't wait for the first match up - Mexico vs. South Africa

SA GONNA GET RAPED... unless Mexico fucks up like they typically do when it should be an easy win :facepalm:

Is there a schedule of matches online with the time converted into a settable timezone? I'd like to print out one and have it handy by the TV so I can see if a match is on.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/index.html

i'm thinking about getting that black Mexico jersey too; but I already have like 6 older ones, so I might just go "vintage" this year :P

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't wait for the first match up - Mexico vs. South Africa

SA GONNA GET RAPED... unless Mexico fucks up like they typically do when it should be an easy win :facepalm:

Is there a schedule of matches online with the time converted into a settable timezone? I'd like to print out one and have it handy by the TV so I can see if a match is on.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/index.html

i'm thinking about getting that black Mexico jersey too; but I already have like 6 older ones, so I might just go "vintage" this year :P

Thanks! I didn't notice the "convert it to your local time" link on the schedule page!

Chris, is that sky blue shirt in the bigger picture actually legit? I don't recall a version with Lions on it, plus the 'Umbro' is in upper case, I don't think that style logo appeared til a few years later did it?*

*I'm a geek.

Not really printable or handy, but it looks nice.

http://www.marca.com/deporte/futbol/mundial/sudafrica-2010/calendario-english.html

All I get is a little LEGO brick on my iPad... just kidding - neat Flash interactive informational graphic.

Not really printable or handy, but it looks nice.

http://www.marca.com/deporte/futbol/mundial/sudafrica-2010/calendario-english.html

All I get is a little LEGO brick on my iPad... just kidding - neat Flash interactive informational graphic.

Papa if you go to fifa.com, then click on _matches_, you will see a little text with an icon to convert to your local zone. :ok:

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

SO free streaming online. someone gave me a link before but i lost it.

ideally i want to run it via my ps3 browser but lets be honest that'll never work

Guest Dirty Protest

ideally i want to run it via my ps3 browser but lets be honest that'll never work

Page 13, ya lazy bollocks.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

Page 13, ya lazy bollocks.

why do people give page numbers when its possible to view the forum in many different ways, each meaning the page numbering is different

http://atdhe.net/

veetle will never work on ps3 browser.

installing on pc. thanks

Guest Mirezzi

I still can't get over the disappointment facing the two most exciting African teams. Anybody who watched the 2006 WC closely was blown away by how fucking awesome Ghana were...thanks very much to Essien and the chemistry of the Ghana midfield. Then, there's Drogba. He was disappointing in 2006, thanks to suspension, but nobody can deny he'd be a favorite to watch in 2010 if he could stay off the ground following swan dives.

Just....fuck. Maybe Nigeria and Cameroon will overachieve. I expect very little of South Africa and they could be the first host team in WC history not to get out of their group.

Guest Mirezzi

installing on pc. thanks

Yeah, I looked up many options for watching the WC games and since my lame ISP (Qwest) doesn't support ESPN3, I just said fuck it and ordered digital cable / DVR for the next two months.

DVR is the way to go for the WC. I've learned as much from the last two European championships and WCs. It's gonna be awesome to have the 5:30 am game recorded to my DVR so I can watch it as soon as I wake up.

It just sucks not watching these games live while trying to dodge spoilers from the web, texts from friends, Facebook, etc.

installing on pc. thanks

Yeah, I looked up many options for watching the WC games and since my lame ISP (Qwest) doesn't support ESPN3, I just said fuck it and ordered digital cable / DVR for the next two months.

DVR is the way to go for the WC. I've learned as much from the last two European championships and WCs. It's gonna be awesome to have the 5:30 am game recorded to my DVR so I can watch it as soon as I wake up.

It just sucks not watching these games live while trying to dodge spoilers from the web, texts from friends, Facebook, etc.

Andy = I dunno what veetle is, hope that site meets your needs.

Mirezzi - absolutely - it's basically social media withdrawal for the next month. Should we start a new thread for the actual tournament? think of this as the friendlies thread....

Guest Mirezzi

installing on pc. thanks

Andy = I dunno what veetle is, hope that site meets your needs.

Mirezzi - absolutely - it's basically social media withdrawal for the next month. Should we start a new thread for the actual tournament? think of this as the friendlies thread....

Let's keep this one and pin it. That way, we can quote people for their retarded / accurate predictions, etc.

Archived