IGNORED

Lorn - Nothing else

beNito

Gave in and got this. Haven't owned a dubstep (sort of) CD before, so I'm enjoying this without expectations.

I don't think this is dubstep (sort of).

definitely not dubstep

Guest Backson

Gave in and got this. Haven't owned a dubstep (sort of) CD before, so I'm enjoying this without expectations.

definitely not dubstep

jesus christ, its close enough.

slow-mo beats, big bass, frantic percussion. Not all of the tracks, but stuff like Void has a connection.

actually, I shouldn't argue with people who know what they're talking about... but still...

Guest Backson

true. i hope my squabbles don't detract from the enjoyability of this album.

i usually like albums that flow and travel like a nice story, but I came to this album with no expectations and was pleasantly surprised at how many plain decent tracks this album has. Just 2 or so minute tracks that stand up on their own merit and how nicely rooted they are in his particular style.

The last few tracks are great, and I get excited when I cross the halfway mark because the home streetch is so melodic and awesome.

definitely not dubstep

jesus christ, its close enough.

slow-mo beats, big bass, frantic percussion. Not all of the tracks, but stuff like Void has a connection.

actually, I shouldn't argue with people who know what they're talking about... but still...

i've followed Lorn's music for a few years now, nothing about his style says dubstep to me

because its slow and bassy doesn't mean its dubstep, this to me is more to do with the slower end of what was once known as electrobreaks, but it has that Lorn edge to it

and to be fair 'Nothing Else' isn't a million miles away from what he was making a few years ago, it was ready for release a long time before it actually hit the stores

dubstep and what gets tagged as being dubstep these days is far too blurred and a lot of people get pigeonholed for ease

he began making beats for turntablists and he's had an electro edge to a lot of his music, its slow moody electronic music but not dubstep imo

• 1 month later...
Guest GrandPopPoplock

Sadly , I don't own it.

That will change very soon . I keep on coming back to this thread and listing to tracks .

• 10 months later...

it sounds as if clark did a bit more then just master this album .. :spiteful:

i just got around to properly checking this out recently and these were my thoughts exactly. i am thoroughly enjoying it now though.

ok yea this album is dope as hell. if I could make decent electronic music by myself it would be like this. dark dirty funky grooves. he is a little close to Clark a lot of times though. I'm really enjoying this album right now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived