IGNORED

E3 2010

data

Guest Gary C

The 3DS? Is it not the sort of 3D where it looks like it's coming out of the screen then?

It's just a movable 3D environment in the game?

The screen throws two images at you stereoscopicly. There's a "sweet spot" where the angle of the left eye sees one image on the screen and filters out the other image. Right eye sees other image. It's a little finnicky and you have to keep it withing a certain distance/angle, but apparently works quite well once it's in the right "bubble" in relation to where your eyes are.

Oh, it's Avatar 3D. I'd give it half a year before Japan are complaining of chronic headaches.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess that's why they put the depth slider on there. The narrow sweet point sounds a bit off-putting, but untill I've seen it myself I give them the benefit of the doubt.

Perhaps, but the biggest hurdle I see with MS is not only the price, but how do you convince a consumer that they don't need a controller to control a game? People just aren't that up to date on gesture recognition yet (look at how long it took touch interfaces to get where they are with the market; it's still not a standard), so I can see the price coupled with people "not getting it" as barriers to entry for MS. Sony, on the other hand has the task of proving why their Move is not just another Nintendo Wii-like device, and for those consumers not impressed by the Wii (contrary to what Nintendo's NPD figures say, I know more people with dusty Wiis (ha) that fit Nintendo's "misconception" than what they purport to be the case). Sony and MS will both have to have hands-on (or off, in MS's case) demos in stores to prove to consumers their new addons are worth the asking price. I'm personally intrigued by both, but being a PS3 owner, I think the Move will deliver what the Wii could not, and possibly more with the added camera interaction and virtual mapping of objects to the controllers.

The thing that disappoints me about Kinect is that, while M$ have often seemed to cater to "hardcore" gamers, what Sony has done with the Move seems a lot more comprehensive than what M$ is doing with Kinect. It seems like the hands on w/Socom and Killzone suggest that Move is actually well integrated and will provide the sort of experience I had hoped the Wii was going to when it was first announced.

Although Kinect seems like it's ancillary functions will actually be pretty awesome (hands free menu navigation/video chat/voice recognition that actually works) there's absolutely no "killer app" that makes me, as a "hardcore gamer" feel like I "need" to get it on launch. I'll eventually get it, for sure, just to have the "Minority Report" navigation, but if the rumored price point is really 150$? No way.

IMO Kinetic is potentially much cooler, but so far it looks like they're using all that delicious tech to emulate eyetoy and wii games.

Didn't Nintendo say the 3DS would have better graphics than an Xbox 1? Shit looks worse than a PSP. Which is six fucking years old.

It appears to have Gamecube-quality graphics. All depends on what the developers can squeeze out of the hardware.

I rate move > kinect, although the glowing ball dildo looks kind of lame..I prefer feeling feedback.

If I recall correctly, the Move controller (and subcontroller aka the "nunchuck") has rumble.

Guest AcrossCanyons

If Microsoft play their cards right Kinect can be used for some awesome games. Imagine playing Black & White 3 using Kinect. *inward boner*

:wtf:

hell. yes.

Just learned both Starfox & Ocarina of Time will be re-made for the 3DS!

Already knew Nintendo would be rehashing the same old franchises/games as they've been for the past 20 years now! :emotawesomepm9:

these motion sensor things seem to be a distraction from how 80% of games on the xbox 360 and ps3 are homogeneous almost identical style game play and graphics first person shooters.

Eh? :blink:

If Microsoft play their cards right Kinect can be used for some awesome games. Imagine playing Black & White 3 using Kinect. *inward boner*

or japanese rape games.

or japanese rape games.

A friend and I talked about this earlier today and how the Kinect should respond to screaming :happy:

... :shrug:

25277.gif

25277.gif

25277.gif

If a fucking tool like him can learn to dance, perhaps there's hope for me yet...

it doesn't look like he learned to dance.

just sayin...

so when is that 3ds available to purchase?

Archived