IGNORED

The Chemical Brothers - Further

joshuatxuk

I'm not expecting much again, the last few albums have always had a few solid tracks, even if they were mediocre, at best, overall. They helped get me hooked on electronic music back when I was a naive teenager, so for reason I still always look forward to their new material.

http://pitchfork.com/news/38336-the-chemical-brothers-return-with-new-album/

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They helped get me hooked on electronic music back when I was a naive teenager, so for reason I still always look forward to their new material.

I agree with the bolded part, but not the other part. I had enough with one album.

Sounds pretty cool though, guess they have realised they need to trying something a bit different.

8 tracks, each with a video, and a DVD to go with the album. Their live shows have always been about the visual experience as well as the sound, so this could be a winner.

They helped get me hooked on electronic music back when I was a naive teenager, so for reason I still always look forward to their new material.

I agree with the bolded part, but not the other part. I had enough with one album.

Yeah, I can understand that. Personally I think Exit Planet Dust and Dig Your Own Hole are classics, and about the only big-beat albums that aged with grace. Surrender and Come With Us had some excellent house tracks, but they started getting kind of dodgey (i.e. tracks like "The Test," :facepalm: "Salmon Dance," :cerious:) They still crank out solid singles, it's just every album since 2003 has been heavy on filler.

Sounds pretty cool though, guess they have realised they need to trying something a bit different.

8 tracks, each with a video, and a DVD to go with the album. Their live shows have always been about the visual experience as well as the sound, so this could be a winner.

I would love to see them live.

awesome... I just listened to them last weekend for the first time in a LONG TIME and was wondering when they'd have new material out. We are the night was pretty mediocre, but I still feel hopeful!

Guest Glass Plate

awesome... I just listened to them last weekend for the first time in a LONG TIME and was wondering when they'd have new material out. We are the night was pretty mediocre, but I still feel hopeful!

Wow new chemical brothers AND new Fat Boy Slim? it's like 1997 all over again! (why can't the good people of 90's being doing this? AFX, BoC, U-ziq etc.)

Wow new chemical brothers AND new Fat Boy Slim? it's like 1997 all over again! (why can't the good people of 90's being doing this? AFX, BoC, U-ziq etc.)

DON'T FORGET THE PRODIGY! :emotawesomepm9:

Srsly, even Jimi Hendrix had a new album released this month.

i sort of love the chemical brothers. they were the first music i ever chose to listen to on my own with headphones.

i also think that dig your own hole is pretty much a classic, a masterpiece, and surrender is close.

Guest Glass Plate

I used to own all of their stuff on CD, and even had a couple of their releases on vinyl. Totally loved them as an early teen. I didn't even listen all the way through their last release was such garbage.

yeah it was pretty bad but there were a few cool moments.

i think at the peak of their powers they were one of the most creative, unique groups to exist. their music transcends "big beat," i think.......1.

they started to seriously drop off at "come with us" but there are always one or two pretty good tracks on albums after that. galvanize i thought was pretty bland, we are the night was slightly better for me.

come with us was better than both of those for me - it began in afrika, star guitar, my elastic eye, pioneer skies, that one song that's in lost in translation.

Guest Barricade

it doesn't matter

fucking hell! talk about BASS in that track! its massive...

edit: oh and PWsteal starts off EXACTLY the same as that track...

New Track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GqRsmffeVI&feature=player_embedded

It's ok...could be better

There was a lot of potential there, the lack of beats is dissappointing. Now it just sounds like a redo of "The Private Psychedelic Reel," only sampling something that sounds like the intro of "Baba O'Reilly."

Guest joshier

you could describe that song with words such as rarrrrrr rarrrr rarrr ping pong ping pong ping pong ping pong

I used to listen to Chemical Brothers a lot years ago so the new album is good news. Hopefully it won't be as bad as the latter ones.

Couldn't agree more. Seems like they don't exploit their songs enough, specially when the track its 12 minutes long.

I used to listen to Chemical Brothers a lot years ago so the new album is good news. Hopefully it won't be as bad as the latter ones.

Couldn't agree more. Seems like they don't exploit their songs enough, specially when the track its 12 minutes long.

Ditto, they never do well with long tracks unless it's a 4/4 banger like "It Doesn't Matter" or "Out of Control."

Exit Planet Dust was a sea change for me. Prior to that, I was still pretty stuffy and full of Autechre and Aphex Twin and being as IDMZ as possible. This came out in my senior year of high school and that probably potentiated how much I like this album because it was a party atmosphere. I never "got down" with shit until then; was a shut-in brooding type. But, objectively, the "Leave Home-In Dust We Trust" suite that happens at the first of the album remains the fucking business. It starts with an "Ohm Sweet Ohm" sample for fuck's sake, are you gonna say no to that?

That's why I've always respected them more than The Prodigy and Fatboy Slim.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived