IGNORED

most visually evocative track?

Guest tht tne

Guest tht tne

i like cowgirl by underworld because it's title is a triple entendre; i forgot to mention it in Fred's thread

cowgirl the sex position, a girl that is a cow (like a hindu goddess maybe), and a cowboy's companion

start as you mean to go on always evokes perfect sex to me; would love to dose up & fuck to that tune

I never really see anything when listening to music except imagining the producer or band playing the music or making it. Sometimes I may see colors, not often.

Why don't you dose up and fuck that old guy friend your trying to get laid with or whatever but don't know how to express your feelings into words that sound like "Me like you."

:whistling:

Guest tht tne

Why don't you dose up and fuck that old guy friend your trying to get laid with or whatever but don't know how to express your feelings into words that sound like "Me like you."

:whistling:

i just pity people like you who are so full of hatred... just to be funny... i was hateful once, not any longer

Rettic Ac

Myeah that wasn't very nice m'kay?

i get hilariously awesome visual interpretations of music. battles, most distinctively, remind me of the same dark cartoonish room every time i listen to them. aphex's i care because you do makes me feel as though i'm with him in his sunny studio on a sunny sunday afternoon. most of my favorite music inspires such images.

I never really see anything when listening to music except imagining the producer or band playing the music or making it. Sometimes I may see colors, not often.

I don't know if I'd be listening to any music if it didn't get me images other than how it was made :sad:

Like Mesh Gear Fox I associate SAW 1 and 2 with places a lot, and BoC often with situations. Might be due to the ambient-y nature of the SAW tracks. Also some tracks for me have a certain color about them, e.g. with SAW 1:

Xtal - white/bright blue

Tha - dark calming, my fav track yet I can't point out a certain color

Pulsewidth - kind of sand-color

Ageispolis - redish-pink

i - no idea, probably white

Green Calx - title determined it before I had a chance to

Heliosphan - orange

We Are The Music Makers - changing from yellow to lime green

Schottkey 7th Path - Blue, a kind of dark turqouise

Ptolemy - just yellow

Hedphelym - dark purple

Delphium - orange-red

Actium - pink

i tend to 'feel' music more than see it. it evokes more the other senses than it does the visual sense. hard to explain. and yes, this was long before i tried synaesthesia-inducing elixiers. :emotawesomepm9:

Rather than individual tracks, 3 albums immediately come to mind -

1. Richard Devine - Aleamapper (I can visualise little surrealistic horror scenes for almost every track)

2. TBA - Size and Tears (It my mind I picture a Miyazaki version of Alice in Wonderland)

3. Shapeshifter - Reticulum Flux (Like some crazy uber futuristic sci-fi horror)

i tend to 'feel' music more than see it. it evokes more the other senses than it does the visual sense. hard to explain.

I always get put in mind of Bespin clouds with Freescha's 'Chasm Night'

Choppy sea and shit from Cocteau Twins' 'Amelia'

Old tapes from American radio broadcasts in the 70s that my Dad was given by my Uncle from 'My Ami' by Lone

Primordial swamps from 'On (28 Mix)' and 'Versivo' by Bola

i like cowgirl by underworld because it's title is a triple entendre; i forgot to mention it in Fred's thread

cowgirl the sex position, a girl that is a cow (like a hindu goddess maybe), and a cowboy's companion

Also a possible quadruple entendre, as a cow in slightly-outdated English slang is also an unpleasant girl or woman.

Guest Billov

Caretstik just reminded me of when I used to play Wind Waker while listening to the Cure's Disintegration

Now everytime Plainsong comes on I get a chill down my spine and picture Link sailing the cellshaded seas.... such an epic combination :)

also

Ima hafta go with Sir Mix-a-lot's baby got back

this

In fact, Bola's 'Soup' puts me in mind of Dagobah (without Yoda).

don't you brits call women cows anymore?

all stereotypes point to yes

I suppose so, just don't tend to hear it used so much myself nowadays, unless it's in a context where actual swearing is a bit frowned-upon.

Alright I mulled it over a bit, here is some imagery I have associated with songs I really like.

xtal - Ex girlfriend bought me the CD for Christmas, had a long drive home, I put it on and this was my first time listening to SAW 1, was pretty much a blizzard going on. So I always see snow illuminated by headlights.

Tha - I see a lot of blue and picture people talking while walking outside or in a train station or something.

Green Calx - I picture playing Sonic 2 as a kid and also see some robocop clips where it has been sampled.

Blue Calx - I picture being in an ocean, either in a submarine with some sonar or diving in a diving suit.

Cliffs - I imagine being on a beach unlike any beach I've been on before, with rocky cliffs at sunset/afternoon.

Cristian Vogel – An Electric Bear - I imagine the first snow of the season, happening overnight in the early morning hours as the whole world around me is sleeping.

"Dis" off of Night Falls by Hecq is like a futuristic energy generator room that ran out of power, but the machines that create the electricity are still coughing out sparks and lightning bolts

xtal - Ex girlfriend bought me the CD for Christmas, had a long drive home, I put it on and this was my first time listening to SAW 1, was pretty much a blizzard going on. So I always see snow illuminated by headlights.

I like this one. Very evocative.

the first time I ever went snowboarding my friend played me the Bad Touch by the Bloodhound Gang on the drive up and it was stuck in my head the whole day, so hearing good ol' Jimmy Pop spout the kind of stuff that only Prince would sing about tends to give me glorious visions of snow-capped peaks and morning fog curling around the tops of majestic evergreens

true story

Archived