IGNORED

Retro films of the 80's

Guest jubes

Guest jubes

We are aware that a lot of remakes have arrived in hollywood, and how many of them were a success ? 20 % maybe ? marvel films were not that fun and the rest, needless it is to talk about it... what about a remake of total recall ?

what actor and what director ?

No remakes, no exceptions.

I'm with you.

The only real reason Hollywood is hung up on remakes is because of money.

There is hardly ever any true artistic inspiration involved. It's also easier to recycle an idea than to create one, obviously.

It's also one thing to see remakes of films that you may not have grown up with, but Imagine if someone remade a film like Mad Max, The Jerk or Ferris Bueller's Day Off. You know it would just be a total :facepalm:

what about a remake of total recall ?

what about a remake of total recall ?

NO!

total recall is pretty much perfect.

unfortunately this seems to be on the cards

Guest disparaissant

OH GOD and KURT FUCKING WIMMER is gonna write it? Jesus fucking CHRIST. How the hell does he still get work?

OH GOD and KURT FUCKING WIMMER is gonna write it? Jesus fucking CHRIST. How the hell does he still get work?

Neal H. Moritz and Original Films were in negotiations for developing a contemporary version of Total Recall for Columbia.

Original Films my ass.

We are aware that a lot of remakes have arrived in hollywood, and how many of them were a success ? 20 % maybe ? marvel films were not that fun and the rest, needless it is to talk about it... what about a remake of total recall ?

Once again... Anyone that films their TV and posts it on youtube should be fucking shot....

they need to leave alone John Carpenter movies, seriously. the man did it right the first time.

Agreed. I'd say the same for select Paul Verhoeven movies too, like RoboCop, Total Recall and Starship Troopers.

they need to leave alone John Carpenter movies, seriously. the man did it right the first time.

Agreed. I'd say the same for select Paul Verhoeven movies too, like RoboCop, Total Recall and Starship Troopers.

Robocop is getting the remake treatment too :( as much as i like Aronofsky films, i think he's gonna fuck that up :(

Guest jubes

its only for money of course. there's the predators remake, conan, the green horn...gonna puke in my mouth

Robocop is getting the remake treatment too :( as much as i like Aronofsky films, i think he's gonna fuck that up :(

The stop-motion on the Robocop movies was pretty choppy so I wouldn't mind if those scenes were remade by the Distric 9 guys for the Blu-ray edition. Aronofsky is known for his anti-CGI, curious how he would handle Robocop but I've read he was off the project.

Guest MaxChewie

Once again... Anyone that films their TV and posts it on youtube should be fucking shot....

We argies don't have any of yer sophisticated tv capture sorcery

Guest jubes

Sorry if i didn't make myself clear, what i meant to say is : how about a totall recall of all retro films in current production

The stop-motion on the Robocop movies was pretty choppy so I wouldn't mind if those scenes were remade by the Distric 9 guys for the Blu-ray edition. Aronofsky is known for his anti-CGI, curious how he would handle Robocop but I've read he was off the project.

Yeah I don't see the RoboCop remake happening, not now at least. It seems to be on pause, and if it does happen I'd be surprised if Aronofsky was still involved.

RoboCop is one of my favorite movies, and I'd be open to a remake. I'd like a dark dark re-imagining though, that takes place primarily at night within a really futuristic city like LA in Blade Runner. With RoboCop being super shiny and sleek as fuck looking, or beat up and rugged, out for revenge. One of my favorite things about the original is the satire, but I wouldn't mind in the remake, since it's not an exact copy, to forgo that and be a serious film. I miss serious like "holy shit" Sci-Fi like The Thing and Alien. I'm all for humor and dark comedy, satire and social commentary, But I'd just like something really futuristic and hyper violent. I imagine it in my head, I'm sure most of you would disagree though.

It would never happen but my dream is, RoboCop directed by Chris Cunningham, scored by Autechre.

Guest disparaissant

It would never happen but my dream is, RoboCop directed by Chris Cunningham, scored by Autechre.

i'd buy that for a dollar

or it could be scored by bjork and the entire movie would be robots with peter weller's face making out with each other and simulating fellatio. that might be kind of hot. or would have been, 20 years ago.

Archived