IGNORED

Altered: Carbon fake Oversteps leak... better than actual?

ghOsty

I remember finding out when there was a fake leak being passed around claiming to be Oversteps, it was actually a mis-named file of the debut album by Altered: Carbon... Before I knew it was a fake, I was really interested in the new direction Autechre had kind of taken, seeming to re-incorporate some of their earlier hip-hop influences with the glitchy IDM. Upon hearing the actual Oversteps release, I was somewhat dissapointed... I haven't been able to get as into it as any of their other releases so far. Now that I think about it, I think I enjoyed the album posted falsely as a leak more than the actual... This may be an unpopular opinion, and I do LOVE Autechre and Gescom but I suggest some seek out the album and give it a try.

Guest theSun

it just sounded like some dudes trying to be autechre and forgetting that no matter how close you get, you'll come off as some second rate rip-off.

(for the record I don't try to sound like a second-rate autechre rip-off myself....It just sort of happens)

i remixed one of the early movements in lego feet and listening to it now is like :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

i even put the real ae at the end of it for some context and whenever the real ae part comes in i just want to cry.

how do you make it sound so CRISP ae?

it just sounded like some dudes trying to be autechre and forgetting that no matter how close you get, you'll come off as some second rate rip-off.

(for the record I don't try to sound like a second-rate autechre rip-off myself....It just sort of happens)

i remixed one of the early movements in lego feet and listening to it now is like :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

i even put the real ae at the end of it for some context and whenever the real ae part comes in i just want to cry.

how do you make it sound so CRISP ae?

Years of Mantronix.

Yeah okay, so I'll admit I wasn't completely serious in my original post... No, I know Altered: Carbon is not better than Autechre. It's just, Oversteps to me still just seems very bland compared to the rest of their catalog. I know some of their previous releases have had to grow on me in the past, but this one just isn't doing that. There are a couple tracks I do enjoy but overall, I can't help but write this one off. Move Of Ten however I'm liking a lot.

Yeah okay, so I'll admit I wasn't completely serious in my original post... No, I know Altered: Carbon is not better than Autechre. It's just, Oversteps to me still just seems very bland compared to the rest of their catalog. I know some of their previous releases have had to grow on me in the past, but this one just isn't doing that. There are a couple tracks I do enjoy but overall, I can't help but write this one off. Move Of Ten however I'm liking a lot.

It's obviously some softer Ae coming off of Quaristice, Untilted, and friggin' Draft 7.30 if you want to go back that far. I find Oversteps to be really serene, playful, and dark at the same time though.

Archived