IGNORED

PVT (formerly Pivot) - Church With No Magic

modey

yeah they're one of the best live bands i've seen - the others being tortoise, isis and meshuggah. though of those four, pvt are the only ones who improvise quite a lot.

funny how a lot of people here love pvt now, when they first got signed everyone was complaining "oh not another fucking band on warp". i see them more as an electronic project with live drums/bass/vocals. especially with this album, it's idm as fuck!

yeah they're one of the best live bands i've seen - the others being tortoise, isis and meshuggah. though of those four, pvt are the only ones who improvise quite a lot.

funny how a lot of people here love pvt now, when they first got signed everyone was complaining "oh not another fucking band on warp". i see them more as an electronic project with live drums/bass/vocals. especially with this album, it's idm as fuck!

i've been a supporter since they first signed, have been very enthusiastic about them and have tried to go see them as often as possible. saw them on the first UK tour when they released O Soundtrack My Heart and then during the second batch of tours.

hoping to go see them for this upcoming tour too.

very very very good live

i've been a supporter since they first signed, have been very enthusiastic about them and have tried to go see them as often as possible. saw them on the first UK tour when they released O Soundtrack My Heart and then during the second batch of tours.

hoping to go see them for this upcoming tour too.

very very very good live

awesome. yeah i just remember a thread that someone started a couple of years ago, bitching about them after only hearing in the blood and didn't i furious. i remember getting pretty pissed off, haha!

their first album (before OSMH) was really great too, from back when they were a 5-piece post-rock band:

http://www.discogs.com/Pivot-Make-Me-Love-You/release/629458

i recommend you check it out if you haven't already, or if you can find it, hehe.

most people complain about every warp signing. i love their. newer direction. battles, pivot, gravenhurst and most of all, grizzly bear, are amongst my most listened to albums of the last few years. i see this album being no different. it still sounds like pivot but its much darker and more psychadelic. fantastic release and im glad it caught me by surprise, i had no idea they were about to release anything. warp needs a better pr dept.

here's another track, not sure what the video is though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhGKS9IkGhc

Yeah, what the fuck?! I was hoping for some sort of resolution or explanation of the situation, but no - just a 'fuck you, I'm gonna impale this girl's back on a spike thing. The end.'.

EDIT: Dang, I see it's got pulled since I last watched it ...

• 2 weeks later...

I just got this today (think it just released in the US)... liking it so far. After a few listens community, light up bright fires & timeless are the standouts for me. I like the vocals, but it just feels like there are too much of them... sometimes I just want to focus on the music and it's hard with lyrics all over the top of it. But anyways, nice album - I'll need to give it more time to really decide, but so far I think O Soundtrack is better.

Has anyone heard the bonus EP yet?

Has anyone heard the bonus EP yet?

Yep, I got it with my Rough Trade order - it's probably more like their "O Soundtrack My Heart" work, perhaps a bit more commercial. All instrumentals if I remember correctly.

Guest bitroast

Photoon2010-08-11at2248.jpg

heh. i got two Demos with mine (The Science of Man (Demo) & Golden Halo (Demo).)

dus this count as EP?

also, i fucked up the download and only managed to get Golden Halo. if anyone can hook us up with Science of Man Demo (my download link is now expired or some bullshit), much appreciated!

on a side note, i am a bit disappointed with the fragmented extras that are done with this.

if you buy from a certain vendor you get an EP, if you buy from iTunes you get an exclusive track only available on iTunes.

if you buy from the record label that the band are signed to, you get...fuck all extra.

well done Warp.

Guest bitroast

yeah, where's the info on this ep? why did i only get 2 demos? (hardly seems like a side note considering all previous posts were about the bonus material : P )

the moral of the story? dont buy from warp. they screwed me with cosmogramma and then oversteps. they charge way more than anyone else and their shipping sucks.

Guest bitroast

you mean bleep?

i buy from my local independent music stores maaan.

funny side story. buying move of ten turned into a conversation about how good autechre are. talked about the live set they played in melbourne. offered to send the guy the live recording of the melbourne show, (which i downloaded from watmm). he gave me a discount on the cd. moral of the story? warp fans are reasonable people.

the moral of the story? dont buy from warp. they screwed me with cosmogramma and then oversteps. they charge way more than anyone else and their shipping sucks.

being in England, the postage thing isn't an issue for me. i've only ever had one cock up with Bleep and that was when my copy of Four Tet's There Is Love In You went missing.

but their behaviour in the past year or so has been a little bit...weird. Firstly the whole situation with the Warp20 boxset (and the volte-face on the exclusive content), then the Bibio EP issue (first released as a 3 or 4 track iTunes exclusive, and then months later completely out of the blue as an extended CD and vinyl edition), and now this.

I just don't understand.

Archived