IGNORED

Films you love..

eugene

Guest abusivegeorge

Twin Peaks and Idiocracy are great too

you mean lynch's twin peaks? i don't remember checking it on imdb, but i think it is well apreciated in there.

you mean lynch's twin peaks? i don't remember checking it on imdb, but i think it is well apreciated in there.

wow, 9.4 for Twin Peaks, I remember the critics hated it though

6.9 folks, hence why I posted it.

That is twin peaks the movie, not the tv show.

and we all know the consequences of making a movie out of a successful tv show.

Yes, but this is a film thread.

Twin peaks the series is void in here.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me is simply a fucking great film. The first sequence with Chris Isaac and Kyle McLachlan et al especially is crammed full of genius. The sequence in The Pink Room with the drowned out dialogue is mindblowing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzj2pO-ArLo&feature=related

Guest ruiagnelo

wow, 9.4 for Twin Peaks, I remember the critics hated it though

6.9 folks, hence why I posted it.

That is twin peaks the movie, not the tv show.

and we all know the consequences of making a movie out of a successful tv show.

Yes, but this is a film thread.

Twin peaks the series is void in here.

you are right then.

Legend - 6.1

The Running Man - 6.4

Tommy Boy - 6.8

A Boy and His Dog - 6.6

Pee-Wee's Big Adventure - 6.9 (I actually think it's bordering on a crime that this isn't easier to get hold of on DVD.)

Guest disparaissant

fando y lis (6.9)

gummo (5.9)

jesus christ: vampire hunter (5.2)

honestly those are the only ones i could readily find that weren't already mentioned in this thread, most of the movies i like are either really popular or obscure enough that only people who really like them would have even seen them, let alone care to rate them.

Guest cuntainer

basically every "your favorite movies" thread ends in a imdb top 250 reshuffle, not that it's illegitimate or something but i'd like to see something more geeky and personal, movies everyone dislikes but you !

a bonus if it's panned by rottentomatoes and metacritic as well..or any other reputable review source

i actually can't think of anything right now myself, will come up with something later..

death to smoochy

natrual born killers (7)

coffee and cigarettes

ravenous

there's probably some i forgot to check.

basically every "your favorite movies" thread ends in a imdb top 250 reshuffle, not that it's illegitimate or something but i'd like to see something more geeky and personal, movies everyone dislikes but you !

a bonus if it's panned by rottentomatoes and metacritic as well..or any other reputable review source

i actually can't think of anything right now myself, will come up with something later..

death to smoochy

natrual born killers (7)

coffee and cigarettes

ravenous

nice calls

also, dumb and dumber. but i love death to smoochy.

Guest cuntainer

death to smoochy

natrual born killers (7)

coffee and cigarettes

ravenous

nice calls

also, dumb and dumber. but i love death to smoochy.

i'm not a fan of anything carey.

i dont particularly like robin williams either, though not to the same extent as jim carey, but death to smoochy was fucking brilliant.

one day when i have some good hydro i gotta watch it again.

i usually check wikipedia nowadays for film ratings, mostly for the critical reception bit, which will quote reviewers both pro and anti, and add ratings from aggregate sites. The production costs versus return figures can also be telling. Also the synopsis is handy if you only care what happened but can't be arsed watching the thing.

still i like the point of your thread, which i assume is to pick up recommendations on things that have flown under the radar. -reads thread to find out-

Guest disparaissant

i usually check wikipedia nowadays for film ratings, mostly for the critical reception bit, which will quote reviewers both pro and anti, and add ratings from aggregate sites. The production costs versus return figures can also be telling. Also the synopsis is handy if you only care what happened but can't be arsed watching the thing.

still i like the point of your thread, which i assume is to pick up recommendations on things that have flown under the radar. -reads thread to find out-

how about movies that have less than 70% on rottentomatoes?

Guest analogue wings

Antichrist - 6.7

Mystery Men - 5.8

The Village - 6.6

The Car - 5.3

Blue Sunshine - 5.9

Phase IV - 6.4

Hackers - 5.8

Brainscan - 5.7

Conan the Barbarian - 6.8

Johnny Mnemonic - 4.9

Time Bandits - 6.9

Adventures of Baron Munchausen - 7.0

My Science Project - 5.5

Night of the Comet - 6.2

Prince of Darkness - 6.5

The Running Man - 6.4

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension - 6.0

Predator 2 - 6.0

Wizards of the Lost Kingdom - 2.1

Dreamscape - 6.3

Krull - 5.9

The Last Starfighter - 6.4

TRON - 6.6

Starman - 6.9

They Live - 7.0

Children of the Corn - 5.2

The Fog - 6.8

The Gate - 5.2

The Lost Boys - 7.0

The Monster Squad - 6.9

Poltergeist II: The Other Side - 5.3

Scanners - 6.7

Naked Lunch - 6.8

eXistenZ - 6.8

^^ not a bad list at all.

I could probably go on and on. I think the failure of rating systems is that there are certain qualities that some movies possess that are hard to quantify. Some of that might be nostalgia but some of it is something else that isn't easily defined.

Scoop (6.8)

Haunted Honeymoon (4.8)

Lair of the White Worm (5.6)

Three Amigos (6.0)

The Hunger (6.2)

Mad Max (6.9)

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (5.1)

Human Highway (5.4)

Archived