IGNORED

Is this hipster?

Guest Backson

Guest Backson

I find that I don't listen to full albums enough, and with my iPod my attention span is small and I end up shuffling alot.

So I was thinking of getting rid of my iPod and buying a little portable CD player. That way I could take it with me on a bus or when I'm going places, and I would be more focused on whatever CD i bring. I have most of my favourite albums on CD, so I could just pick one for each journey.

I mentioned this to one of my friends, and he said that would make me a hipster. and the scary thing is, he could be right.

What does WATTURM think?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Calx Sherbet

i have an ipod also, but i always try to go full albums. they may be mp3's but i treat them like the physical copy. i don't even like interrupting it, i try to make time!

and not a fan of shuffling.

Guest Backson

just do what you like and don't think about stupid things like that :squarepusher:

sure, that's one side of it. but I've politely explained my reasoning to you. If I were some long haired young dude on a bus and you overheard me say to my friend "so i decided to get rid of my iPod and get a discman" would you try to get a picture of me with your phone and post it on Lookatthisfuckinghipster?

i get paranoid about these things. i have a moustache. I'm an easy target.

just do what you like and don't think about stupid things like that :squarepusher:

If I were some long haired young dude on a bus and you overheard me say to my friend "so i decided to get rid of my iPod and get a discman" would you try to get a picture of me with your phone and post it on Lookatthisfuckinghipster?

no, i'd do it if you were talking about replacing your ipod with a walkman

Do whatever you want to and fuck everyone else's opinion. Does it really matter to you if some fuck you don't know looks at you weird on the bus?

Alternatively, keep your iPod (don't contribute to digital waste), and just put one album on it a day.

Guest Backson

Do whatever you want to and fuck everyone else's opinion. Does it really matter to you if some fuck you don't know looks at you weird on the bus?

Alternatively, keep your iPod (don't contribute to digital waste), and just put one album on it a day.

I would probably sell it. Ps, its almost full so its not as useful anymore.

do what you think is right! and please just call the ipod an mp3 player. my ipod slangin' friends get pissed when i call it an mp3 player.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

i have an ipod also, but i always try to go full albums. they may be mp3's but i treat them like the physical copy. i don't even like interrupting it, i try to make time!

and not a fan of shuffling.

I'm the same way.

lolwut?

Guest Backson

lolwut?

an advantage of my iPod is that I have all my music with me when I want to listen. If it becomes full, I'll have to pick and choose which albums I want, and I feel I might as well just have a CD player and choose what album each time I go out. If you get what I mean?

but yeah, I like CDs more anyway.

Guest ansgaria

If you end up doing it AND buy those damn hipster glasses, then you are in fact hipster-looking. So no, don't do it, it's not worth the risk.

In all seriousness, why give a damn shit? If you want to do it, do it.

I now only listen to second hand vinyl. Even for new releases, I have to wait until they turn up in one of the rip off shops on Berwick street, rather than heading down the road to Sister Ray where I could buy it brand new, shrinkwrapped and cheaper. And anyway, a scornful look at my selection from a member of their staff is usually enough for me to dump the records in the bin outside before even listening to them, so that placeis best avoided.

Once I get home they go in my current listening section, in order of purchase. I spend over £400 a month on vinyl, and only get a chance to listen to a record once or twice a month, so the current listening pile has over 2 and a half thousand records in it. I can't wait to listen to the Campfire Headphase next month, I'm so excited, I remember hearing rumours that it was a bit shit and had guitars on it (lol wtf) but my friend assures me it's just like MHTRTC. Nothing like waiting 5 years to build anticipation.

Once I decide to 'listen', I put the plastic sheeting on the bed. Nothing at this point is allowed to disturb me. Once the record is playing I must listen to it all the way through. I allow myself a maximum of 7 seconds to switch sides. Unfortunately I have shat myself on more than a couple of occasions, hence the plastic sheeting.

Is this too hipster?

Berwick street? You fail at hipster

Pure Groove shut down last week. I'm going to really miss the opportunity of paying a premium for a record because they hang it by a wire rather than sticking it in a rack.

Guest enxyme

Nailed it... :ok:

Guest Backson

Berwick street? You fail at hipster

Pure Groove shut down last week. I'm going to really miss the opportunity of paying a premium for a record because they hang it by a wire rather than sticking it in a rack.

i always loved your avatar

Archived