IGNORED

Is this hipster?

Guest Backson

Guest Scrambled Ears

here I have an idea. all i have is an ipod mini...the one that only shuffles so youre forced to listen to whats on there (alternatively you can go alphabetic but its stil a bitch). you can trade me your ipod for mine... :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Backson

here I have an idea. all i have is an ipod mini...the one that only shuffles so youre forced to listen to whats on there (alternatively you can go alphabetic but its stil a bitch). you can trade me your ipod for mine... :)

what...? no... that solves nothing! I don't want to shuffle... why would... no! Did you read anything?

Do whatever you want to and fuck everyone else's opinion. Does it really matter to you if some fuck you don't know looks at you weird on the bus?

Alternatively, keep your iPod (don't contribute to digital waste), and just put one album on it a day.

I would probably sell it. Ps, its almost full so its not as useful anymore.

lolwut?

an advantage of my iPod is that I have all my music with me when I want to listen. If it becomes full, I'll have to pick and choose which albums I want, and I feel I might as well just have a CD player and choose what album each time I go out. If you get what I mean?

but yeah, I like CDs more anyway.

You do know you can...delete albums off the MP3 player right?

Put one album on and then delete it when finished listening.

There are several advantages to just using your ipod to listen to full albums.

1. You don't need to carry your cds around, and risk them getting scratched. Even though you only want to take one with you at a time, the risk is still there.

2. Ipods are lighter, smaller, and don't skip.

3. You already have an ipod, so you don't need to buy or sell anything.

If you want to listen to full albums, just don't put your ipod on shuffle. If it's really hard for you to do that, maybe it means you don't like listening to full albums.

I find that I don't listen to full albums enough, and with my iPod my attention span is small and I end up shuffling alot.

This sentence makes no sense. You won't carry more than 20 albums at the same time if you get a CD player. So just put 20 albums on your ipod dude.

If you believe your friend has a point when he tells you that using a discman will make you a hipster, that belief may be what ends up making you a hipster.

I'm still using the same discman I used back in '04. It saves my spot whenever I hit stop, so I always end up hearing albums start to finish. Works like a charm. I say go for it.

I find that I don't listen to full albums enough, and with my iPod my attention span is small and I end up shuffling alot.

So I was thinking of getting rid of my iPod and buying a little portable CD player. That way I could take it with me on a bus or when I'm going places, and I would be more focused on whatever CD i bring. I have most of my favourite albums on CD, so I could just pick one for each journey.

I mentioned this to one of my friends, and he said that would make me a hipster. and the scary thing is, he could be right.

What does WATTURM think?

lemme get this straight.. hipster= desire to do something for yourself of your own accord apart from the status quo ..and you're afraid of this?

Guest Backson

all valid points.

not really. mostly "do what you want" and "keep your iPod".

maybe I shouldn't have asked, and just suffered the shame of scorn from my brethren.

maybe.

xo

Guest iamabe

I have the same trouble focusing on one album and I get bored easily, and I agree that somehow having CD's makes it easier to focus. If thats what you need to do, go for it, get a walkman or something. I can't lie, I almost never see people with anything other than iPods in the city, so I might judge a little, but who cares. People get judged all the time. You just have to get used to it and man up.

I don't think a cd player would make you a hipster. if you ride a fixie and buy all your clothes from american apparel and urban outfitters then most people would probably consider you a hipster. not that it fucking matters at all.

my god the obsession with hipsters around here makes me feel bad for owning leggings.

hipster scum!

If you dont like leggings youre not a watmmer youre just a fag. :spiteful:

Archived