IGNORED

I NEED YER RECIPES!

YEK

i used to love these and haven't had one in a long time

it was a square comprised of peanut butter, corn flakes, marshmallows. that's about it i think

i can find millions of different recipes for the same thing online but i want a recipe from somebody on this board who not only has one but also thoroughly enjoys the peanut butter squares

pz

Edited by yek

Guest nene multiple assgasms

you mean peanut brittle?

no, different stuff. peanut butter squares are soft like brownies.

• 250g unsalted butter

• 250g smooth peanut butter

• optional: 75g crushed walnuts

• optional: 75g crushed unsalted peanuts

• optional: 50g crushed dark chocolate

• 80g cocoa powder, sifted

• 65g plain flour, sifted

• 1 teaspoon baking powder

• 360g caster sugar

• 4 large free-range or organic eggs

Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4. Line a 25cm square baking tin with greaseproof paper. In a large bowl over some simmering water, melt the butter and the peanut butter and mix until smooth. Add the nuts, if you’re using them, and stir together. In a separate bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, chocolate chips, and sugar, then add this to the peanut butter and nut mixture. Stir together well. Beat the eggs and mix in until you have a silky consistency.

Pour your brownie mix into the baking tray, and place in the oven for around 25 minutes. You don’t want to overcook them so, unlike cakes, you don’t want a skewer to come out all clean. The brownies should be slightly springy on the outside but still gooey in the middle. Allow to cool in the tray, then carefully transfer to a large chopping board and cut into chunky squares.

adapted from http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chocolate-recipes/bloomin-brilliant-brownies

Edited by kaini

sounds like death

if you don't like it, you can GIIIIIIIIT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!111

hah i'm actually anaphylactic, so it quite literally would be death :cerious:

Guest Sprigg

sounds like death

1233787141392.jpg

That's the exact size of my hand. What the hell...?

EDIT: when the picture is smaller.

Edited by Sprigg

sounds like death

hah i'm actually anaphylactic, so it quite literally would be death :cerious:

:cisfor:

lol

• 9 months later...

made a simple salsa today but subbed out the tomato for watermelon. it's very refreshing.

big hunk of watermelon diced into about 1/2 inch

1/2 red onion diced

huge fist full of cilantro chopped

Finley diced jalapeño (1-2 depending on your spice level)

salt and pepper to taste

Guest Coalbucket PI

• 250g unsalted butter

• 250g smooth peanut butter

• optional: 75g crushed walnuts

• optional: 75g crushed unsalted peanuts

• optional: 50g crushed dark chocolate

• 80g cocoa powder, sifted

• 65g plain flour, sifted

• 1 teaspoon baking powder

• 360g caster sugar

• 4 large free-range or organic eggs

Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4. Line a 25cm square baking tin with greaseproof paper. In a large bowl over some simmering water, melt the butter and the peanut butter and mix until smooth. Add the nuts, if you’re using them, and stir together. In a separate bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, chocolate chips, and sugar, then add this to the peanut butter and nut mixture. Stir together well. Beat the eggs and mix in until you have a silky consistency.

Pour your brownie mix into the baking tray, and place in the oven for around 25 minutes. You don’t want to overcook them so, unlike cakes, you don’t want a skewer to come out all clean. The brownies should be slightly springy on the outside but still gooey in the middle. Allow to cool in the tray, then carefully transfer to a large chopping board and cut into chunky squares.

adapted from http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chocolate-recipes/bloomin-brilliant-brownies

I can't imagine these would harden enough but I'm probably going to try it anyway because I eat peanut butter out of the jar with a spoon, so it can't really go wrong for me

• 3 months later...
Guest Coalbucket PI

So I made this After Eight mint brownie recipe last night. It's magnificent! I just took it from yahoo answers so I wasn't sure if it would be any good. The recipe said to pour half of the mixture into the pan, then layer the After Eights on and pour the rest in, but they pretty much just floated around and sunk wherever they felt like, but I was all like that's cool guys, you just do your thing. I've only eaten the runoff so far because it's supposed to be a birthday cake, but it's wild.

Unsalted butter for preparing the pan

4 ounces (115g) unsweetened chocolate, chopped

1 stick (4 ounces/115g) unsalted butter

3/4 cup (3.75 ounces/100g) all-purpose flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 1/4 cups (10 ounces/275g) sugar

3 extra-large eggs

3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract

20 to 25 After Eight mints or 8 York Peppermint Patties, unwrapped

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. With the rack in the center position. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil, allowing it to overlap 2 opposite sides by 2 inches. Butter the foil.

Melt the chocolate and butter in a metal bowl placed over, but not touching, a pan of simmering water, or in a microwave-safe bowl in a microwave oven. Stir until the mixture is melted and smooth. Remove the bowl from over the water and let the mixture cool slightly. Sift the flour and salt into a small bowl. Set aside. Place the sugar and eggs in a medium bowl. With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the sugar and eggs until light yellow and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the vanilla and peppermint extracts. Add the melted chocolate mixture and mix well. Add the flour mixture and mix just until blended. Scrape half the batter into the prepared pan. Layer the mints evenly over the top surface of the batter. Scrape the remaining batter over the mint layer, being careful not to dislodge the mints. Use an offset spatula or a butter knife to gently smooth the batter; make sure all the mints are covered.

Bake the brownies for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the top is shiny and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. The batter may puff irregularly, which is fine. It is better to underbake than to overbake these brownies. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let the brownies cool completely in the pan.

Use the foil to lift the entire cake of brownies from the pan to a work surface. Peel away the foil and cut the brownies into 16 equal squares. Wrap the brownies individually in plastic wrap and store them at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks

• 9 years later...

10 years later...

I like to cook. I like all food (but rarely cook fish myself). I tend to veer towards foods from asia (from middle-eastern, persian, south asian and south east asian. I'd love to cook more variety of food.

I don't know many dishes from Sub-Saharan Africa and South America. Also keen to get into making breads. Started with simple unleavened breads, like chapati and paratha. Tried to make a focaccia, but it didn't rise (might have been very old yeast). 

Since moving to rural France, it's harder to get my hands on exotic ingredients and condiments, but there is an Asian Supermarket an hour away which I can get to a handful of times a year.

Got any good recipes?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

29 minutes ago, Thu Zaw said:

So maybe an IDM forum isn't the place to ask about food.

Sheesh. Tough crowd. 

Awww …

Here you go:

Brussels Sprouts and Kimchi

- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces (230g) brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 cup minced kimchi
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons minced shiso leaves (I can’t get these so always leave them out)

Caramelize sprouts. Add kimchi and toss. Only THEN add butter. Season with salt, pepper, a squeeze of lemon and “a sprinkle of shiso leaves”.

Even in rural France it should be possible to make kimchi yourself.