IGNORED

what THREE people would you invite to a dinner party?

kaini

Also, what about watmmers? What three watmmers would you invite to dinner?

I'm thinking sneaks, luke viia, and Spore.

:wub:

PS. I look nothing like my avatar btw. I've aged a bit since then.

Yeah, 98's pretty high up there. Must be sweet getting that senior discount though.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wouldn't invite anyone round for a dinner party, as i get uncomfortable eating around people, cause it disturbs me from eating when you have to pay attention to other folks.

drinking on the other hand, well anyone's welcome.

if i were to have three watmmers to dinner, i would have chaosmachine, mcgriff, and ~ism

starter: individual small, espresso-sized bowls of a very intense beef consomme with a dash of laphroaig islay whiskey and a shared plate of crackers and a selection of bleu cheese from small regional farms

amuse-bouche: crispy bacon and a selection of dips

main course: spiced beef, colcannon, roasted turnip and parsnip, and an intense jus made from a reduced guinness gravy and with a dash or two from a bottle of laphroaig islay whiskey.

dessert: individual 750ml bottles of laphroaig islay whiskey, skunk, autechre, and stella artois on tap

Three dinner parties:

PARTY A

Neal Stephenson

Katey Sagal

Grant Morrison

PARTY B

Joanna Newsom

Thomas Pynchon

E.O. Wilson

PARTY C

Edward James Olmos

Doug Hofstadter

Yolandi Visser

Guest Deep Fried Everything

limited to living:

dj shadow (or josh if you prefer)

bill gates

a famous chef, yet to be named, but i'm too damn tired right now to figure it out... edit later

dead party:

babe ruth

george orwell

frank sinatra (though he and orwell might not get along, surely he and ruth would!)

Sorry to go against the thread rules, but out of the departed:

Orson Welles

Tony Wilson

Robert Altman

Even better, that might actually take place in some kind of afterlife. By then I might be able to make pasta without burning it too.

Hauntological dinner party:

Jon Brooks

Julian House

Jim Jupp

Three dinner parties:

PARTY A

Neal Stephenson

Katey Sagal

Grant Morrison

PARTY B

Joanna Newsom

Thomas Pynchon

E.O. Wilson

PARTY C

Edward James Olmos

Doug Hofstadter

Yolandi Visser

I've been to a dinner party with doug hofstadter!

Cool story bro. :trashbear:

Why the fuck is everyone inviting Richard D James? The reason for the dinner party was good conversation, not slipping your favourite little IDM god a roofie, licking his ginger nutsack and rifling through his pockets for a memory stick while he's unconscious.

if i were to have three watmmers to dinner, i would have chaosmachine, mcgriff, and ~ism

starter: individual small, espresso-sized bowls of a very intense beef consomme with a dash of laphroaig islay whiskey and a shared plate of crackers and a selection of bleu cheese from small regional farms

at this point you might find a grim situation unfolding. chaosmachine doesn't eat meat. and you don't want to starve an admin to death, now do you.

at this point you might find a grim situation unfolding. chaosmachine doesn't eat meat. and you don't want to starve an admin to death, now do you.

haha. :)

Archived