IGNORED

EVE ONLINE - the thread

vamos scorcho

so i've decided to buy a month subscription. here i go. this is the beginning for me.

any fans here? tips? etc.

i've never tried mmorpgs before, but this looks fucking awesome.

i love science fiction, the future, and space exploration. so this should be good.

my uncle's company designed the servers for EVE. He got me a lifetime subscription. But I've never played cause it looks kinda gay. Now it's even dumber with a healthy dose of extreme sexual frustration.

Guest Enter a new display name

my uncle's company designed the servers for EVE. He got me a lifetime subscription. But I've never played cause it looks kinda gay. Now it's even dumber with a healthy dose of extreme sexual frustration.

What has been frustrating you so much lately? We can discuss about your issues, I'm good with teenagers.

itll take you like 6 months just to get to a point where you can do anything productive

then everything will be automated while you take a shit and youll think whats the point

its fuckin soul destroying

you might as well just take up heroin

this is the level of addiction that the eve mmorpg has over people

my friend plays it all the time, he pays for three accounts, it has taken over his life and now his 'reality' is eve, and not the other way around

watch this video for more information: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/208-Eve-Online

you might as well just take up heroin

this is the level of addiction that the eve mmorpg has over people

my friend plays it all the time, he pays for three accounts, it has taken over his life and now his 'reality' is eve, and not the other way around

watch this video for more information: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/208-Eve-Online

For real. I have to ex-roommates that took this game up. Now all they do is work and play EVE. One of the guys goes out some, but EVE is by far pretty much the most important thing in his life now. All they do is grief people and steal their shit lol.

Guest Dr. Bunsen Honeydew

I have played on and off for about four years, I enjoy it. It depends on what you want to get out of a game. Unlike other mmo style games eve is one where you can progress without constantly playing through just training longer skills when you don't feel like playing. I think its a good game despite the accuracy of the zero punctuation review.

It is a game with an enormous depth of things to learn and do but at the same time can be quite boring if you don't have any focus or direction. I recommend joining a player corporation asap to help point you in a direction to work towards.

well, i don't think is a good way to spend my time. i feel kind of depressed right now after mindlessly trying to level up and buy shit and stuff.

i really, really like the atmosphere. it's the coolest space sim i've ever seen. it's a dream come true in many ways, for me. it's beautiful.

i don't think i'll ever be addicted to it though. i feel like i could be working on music, or sitting in chatmm, or browsing reddit. all wastes of time. however, those particular methods of wasting time seem to be more rewarding.

well, i don't think is a good way to spend my time. i feel kind of depressed right now after mindlessly trying to level up and buy shit and stuff.

i really, really like the atmosphere. it's the coolest space sim i've ever seen. it's a dream come true in many ways, for me. it's beautiful.

i don't think i'll ever be addicted to it though. i feel like i could be working on music, or sitting in chatmm, or browsing reddit. all wastes of time. however, those particular methods of wasting time seem to be more rewarding.

Glad to hear you've given it up Vamos. This could have been you: http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/20100827_Video_game_firm_sued_over_addiction.html

An Ewa Beach man is claiming he is unable to bathe, dress himself or wake up in the day due to alleged "phenomena of psychological dependence and addiction" to a video game created by a South Korean developer.

i really enjoyed my two-week trial period.. back in 2005. it was already incredibly deep back then, pretty impressive!

an icelandic friend-of-a-friend works on this game doing sound design, which i imagine is loads of fun and also quite idm, soundmodelling lasers in space and all that.

Archived