IGNORED

Burial's wayfaring stranger remix

impakt

Burial is an ambient artist first and foremost.

Second he has 2-step influence all over the place.

He's signed to an experimental dubstep label tho so douches label it dubstep.

burial's not dubstep

i think this is what happened

buriel is actually prince and aphex twin combined

weeks/ months ago i read somewhere, that aphex is buriel (which i thought is bullshit), BUT, after reading this interview i think it´s not totally impossible, that he might be somehow related to aphex/ squarepusher etc.

9: Were you surprised by the reception of the first album.

Burial: Yeah. I think it promised something, but if you listened to it, it didn't really get there. But I think some people liked it because it was just a no fuss bunch of tunes. I want to do low key records so i got uneasy if there was attention. my tunes aren't for everyone but thats the point of it, it's for those people. But I still want people to like it, Im not some ice cold fretless bass playing psychopath.

http://hyperdubrecords.blogspot.com/2007/10/burial-untrue-november-2007.html

i mean he is talking about squarepusher here, there´s no doubt about that. why would a "dubstep" (yeah, i know it´s not dubstep, but you know what i mean) person mention Jenkinson? Totally different planet.

burial's not dubstep

i think this is what happened

buriel is actually prince and aphex twin combined

weeks/ months ago i read somewhere, that aphex is buriel (which i thought is bullshit), BUT, after reading this interview i think it´s not totally impossible, that he might be somehow related to aphex/ squarepusher etc.

9: Were you surprised by the reception of the first album.

Burial: Yeah. I think it promised something, but if you listened to it, it didn't really get there. But I think some people liked it because it was just a no fuss bunch of tunes. I want to do low key records so i got uneasy if there was attention. my tunes aren't for everyone but thats the point of it, it's for those people. But I still want people to like it, Im not some ice cold fretless bass playing psychopath.

http://hyperdubrecords.blogspot.com/2007/10/burial-untrue-november-2007.html

i mean he is talking about squarepusher here, there´s no doubt about that. why would a "dubstep" (yeah, i know it´s not dubstep, but you know what i mean) person mention Jenkinson? Totally different planet.

*sigh* burial is william bevan, he went to the same school as hot chip and four tet.

4 buriel threads in three days ??? did Dubstep became a listenable genre all of the sudden?

burial's not dubstep

lol

straight after reading boxing days post I just though, "kaini's gonna be pissed"

• 1 month later...

well i would have thought it self-apparent, even for boxing day.

listen to digital mystikz or (ugh) caspa. then listen to burial...

not a huge amount in common

so? It'still dubstep, doesn't all have to sound the same. I mean Vex'd and 2562 sound complely different.

Archived