IGNORED

Dungen - Skit I allt

J3FF3R00

http://www.subliminalsounds.se/DOK/news.html

http://www.dungen-music.com/index_e.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt5PRQTh1K4&feature=player_embedded

We'll see. these guys have yet failed to disappoint, imo.

I just found out about this yesterday. I guess it's out already. Gotta snatch one up.

Their softest, jazziest album so far. 4 grew on me like I never thought it would at first. This one seems really good, but not totally classic like I think all their other albums are.

love '4'. since it was released, that album hasn't left my car.

the only track i'veheard from the new album is that video. i'm going to see them play live next week though, so i'm just gonna wait until then to experience the new songs, and pick up the vinyl while im there :sorcerer:

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

downloaded it on a whim. not heard anything else by them. its a little fey. reminds me of james iha and sean lennon.

I've only heard tad de lungt but I quite like it, sadly I let these guys fall of my radar. What album of theirs should I go to next? This?

Get Tio Bitar, then 4, then Skit I allt, and you'll be all chronologically correct.

great GREAT show tonight! these guys put on a very fun show.

listening to the new album now. nice and mellow for the most part.enjoying! also, the vinyl is pink :blush:

Finally got it (on LP).

I listened to it and I think it only has a few spectacular moments.

There is a dark, rock-ish, instrumental song on side A that I really think is amazing. Other than that, the album comes off as a bit noodle-ey and pretentious.

I think what worked about their older albums was a strong focus on a great "hook". This one has a few songs where they are trying to drop some pop hooks but the progressions don't really grab. There is also way too much filler.

The highlights of the album (as usual) are Reine Fiske's guitar parts. He is amazing.

On a side note:

I should also stop reading interviews with Gustav. It definitely tainted my first listening to read yet another article where he diminishes the creative input of his band mates and inflates himself as the one who is always in complete "control" over every aspect. Muthafucka needs to chill, take a step back and accept he is playing with one of the greatest group of rock musicians on the planet and let them contribute... or at least admit their contributions. What he was doing worked on wax up until now.

Archived