IGNORED

what would you do in this situation if you were I

oyster

Let them do it and report back with the results. They're set on it so I doubt you could sway them to do something else. Benadryl trips doesn't sound like a fun time. Personally I prefer the true and tried psychedelics and keep away from deliriants and disassociatives. Eating a boatload of prescription meds just seems wrong and stupid to me.

Dear Abbey,

Or not actually if I were you but if you were I. Here is the deal. A group of my friends has recently gotten into smoking a little ganja now and then after a lifetime of sobriety. These guys are generally intelligent, sort of 'nerdy' types if you will although labels are wrong. They all come from very wealthy families and have a tendency to be a little (quite) naive. Anyhow weed is all most of these fellas have dabbled in, one or two of the guys has drank and maybe sneaked a painkiller from a parent or something. Anyhow with this new found attitude towards drugs, they have conjured up the idea to get together and 'trip' on Diphenhydramine, aka Benadryl. Now I've spoken glowingly of this drug in the lower dose recreational range, as I find it provides a unique form of euphoria and a generally interesting sort of stoning effect. However, I have never taken it in the Hallucination Inducing Range as my amigos are planning. When I say Hallucination Inducing Range, I mean they are taking at least 20 pills each. I know they do in fact plan on having trip sitters, yet even so I am feeling some anxiety towards this whole deal. I have read quite a few 'trip reports' on these high dose Diphenhydramine trips, and the general opinion is that they are incredibly horrific nightmare experiences which can leave one nearly shattered for days afterwords. They are planning this trip on Saturday. As I am quite known as the sort of drug guy among them, having been using/abusing a wide variety of substances for quite a long while, it would be quite silly and hypocritical of me to try to talk them out of their experiment. On the other hand I am almost positive that they will live to regret this decision. What should I do?

From,

concernedinIllinois

How about just telling them your concerns? (if they'd interested to hear. which they should, or you wouldn't call them your friends. right?) If they don't want to be brought upon other ideas, so be it. You can't force them to not do it. It would be an entirely different discussion if you'd be the trip sitter though. If you can, stay out of that hole.

Ive robotripped. Ive done lots of stuff. I enjoyed it. Threw up, and then felt like I was on morphine and acid.

I take Benadryl all the time now for sleep. I have sleep issues and I work mornings. It works really well. I want to get off it though as Im sure its bad for me

Guest Scrambled Ears

Ive robotripped. Ive done lots of stuff. I enjoyed it. Threw up, and then felt like I was on morphine and acid.

I take Benadryl all the time now for sleep. I have sleep issues and I work mornings. It works really well. I want to get off it though as Im sure its bad for me

is throwing up common for dxm? i thought maybe i wanted to try it but I dont know that sounds pretty shitty especially since i've heard everything gets very wet and melted...seems like that environment would be a bit of a draw for puking.

my favorite reports on erowid are those of belladonna:

This is bad shit. the problem is you do not know what reality is or when it is. one minute you puff a joint with one friend the next minute your miles away at the beach sitting in the water. turning your head or sneezing will change where you are and what you are doing totally to where you dont know what reality is. a note if you are using the buddy system (highly recommended) your buddy will talk soooo fast you will not understand what there saying they will have no color in the eyes only black and talk in tongues.

this stuff is not to be takin lightly. lsd does not hold a candle to the trickery which will be played by this plant. please be careful i was very lucky to have only drank the last quarter glass of bella donna tea. After jumping out of a moving car and running full speed through the bushes (i'm talking jungle terrain), my best friend was lost in the florida keys mangroves for almost 24 hours. he was half blind for about 3 days afterwards. best of luck. stick to reef!

felt like I was on morphine and acid.

This is a good explanation. Perhaps the appeal of DXM is the combination of intense tripping with that safe stupidsillyhappy feeling holding your hand the whole time.

tis shroom season just now, i had my first wee trip the other day, god fucking dam do i love mushrooms. god fucking dam. they kick the shit out of acid.

as for your situation, tell them they are fucking idiots and they need to get a grip.

don't blame acid ;-/ .. what's on that tab just ain't the same these days, not pure. So leave acid alone, it's doesn't want to hurt you. :cry:

Guest Scrambled Ears

don't blame acid ;-/ .. what's on that tab just ain't the same these days, not pure. So leave acid alone, it's doesn't want to hurt you. :cry:

ho ho hoooo depends where you get it...and purity is a pretty improper claim if youre not a chemist, its not like you can even tell even the dosage.

ho ho hoooo depends where you get it...and purity is a pretty improper claim if youre not a chemist, its not like you can even tell even the dosage.

all i know is that this old hippy living down the road has some of the best acid i've even seen around these parts. he says he gets it from his old friend in Amsterdam who sends them to him, by the sheet, through the mail.

here's a pic of it. i can assure you if you come across bicycle day anniversary sheets such as these, you'll be second guessing shrooms > acid. it's actually quite impossible to compare the two anyways. shrooms are like a completely different entity touching your consciousness, showing you what you could have. while acid is like that missing link in the consciousness of all of us, helping us to expand what we already have.

4411741451_7ecb54bf89_m.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived