IGNORED

Plastikman - Arkives

Guest ruiagnelo

I remember "Sheet One" VERY fondly. This album was my introduction to proper acid mid-way through the 90's. Though it's seldom (if ever) mentioned in this short-sited web forum, Hawtin is one of the most important progenitors of acid. While Chicago producers may get credit for recording random 16-step patterns and lazily turning some knobs, Hawtin was the first (that I'm aware of) producer to really rinse the 303, including championing the Devilfish modification.

Despite all this, I tuned him out out back around 1997 when his world tour started. I found his Concept series to be a bit droll, and I consider everything after that unlistenable. I can't fathom paying a small fortune for (OH MY GOD!) re-mastered tracks that can be had for dimes and unreleased B- and (more likely) C-sides...

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait can we still order this? on amazon it says only 12 discs....

someone please give me the right info :)

It's now 16 discs... http://www.plastikman.com/arkives/

Guess I should start to get excited about this again now, I can barely remember ordering it its been that long.

Edited by BUNKUM

I don't see a place to order this on that site. I assume the pre-order period is over? however on amazon it's still up as a preorder of 12 discs. I suppose I could just order the box set and return it if i get 12 discs.

I don't see a place to order this on that site. I assume the pre-order period is over? however on amazon it's still up as a preorder of 12 discs. I suppose I could just order the box set and return it if i get 12 discs.

I'm 99% sure it will be the 16 disc version on Amazon (and everywhere else) and they just haven't updated the details. Pre-order finished on plastikman.com way back in Feb

Guest Greg Reason

Mine is sitting at the freight company's depot waiting for collection... Will have to grab it this week, I'm really looking forward to busting this open

Guest Greg Reason

This is one amazing package... Fucking beautiful. Really immensely well done and definitely worth the wait.

Amusingly, the book has three pages of perforated sheets, with the statement "not all of these are acid - but some of them are"

I still need to start listening to this but my 17 month old son just pushed over one of my KEF speakers, snapping the banana plugs and putting a large divot in the plaster on the wall, speaker case is only slightly damaged luckily. I've had to put them away as it's the third time he has pushed it over in 2 weeks. How long will this phase last I wonder... I need my music

Just realised last night that my box has no CD12, got 2 copies of CD11 instead. Someone on the Discogs forums had exactly the same CD missing. Anyone else got any missing discs? I've emailed m_nus so hopefully get CD12 sent out soonish.

Got a reply from M_nus yesterday, hopefully won't take too long to arrive...

Thanks for your email.

I forwarded your email and address to the manufacturer who will send you the missing CD.

Best regards,

Nadine

Guest Greg Reason

Just realised last night that my box has no CD12, got 2 copies of CD11 instead. Someone on the Discogs forums had exactly the same CD missing. Anyone else got any missing discs? I've emailed m_nus so hopefully get CD12 sent out soonish.

That's odd; I wonder how many people that happened to.? My copy has CD 11 and 12.

That's odd; I wonder how many people that happened to.? My copy has CD 11 and 12.

Guess I was just unlucky, but a bit weird we are both missing the same disc.

• 2 weeks later...

yay it came today. How do I get the downloads... didn't see anywhere in the book on how to get them...

Er, sorry no idea. I ordered from Minus and got an email (with the link) about 30 mins after I signed for it. Not sure how it would work if you got it from somewhere other than Minus.

Have you checked all the discs are there? I still haven't received my missing CD12 yet.

Edited by BUNKUM

Yes all 16 discs were there. Sounds great. Remastered Krakpot is :music: :music: :music: :music: :music:

maybe i'll email minus. I could also just get the content from.... somewhere else.... and I don't feel bad cause I shelled out for this.