IGNORED

What the fuck happened to "location" "interests" etc

chassis

Automatic generated message

This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: redundant

If you feel the reason for closing was incorrect, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it. Kind regards, We Are The Music Makers Forums Staff

I'm fucking shocked nobody's mentioned the new abilities of being able to directly quote people's posts straight into the Fast Reply box and likewise with their member names... :facepalm:

I'm fucking shocked nobody's mentioned the new abilities of being able to directly quote people's posts straight into the Fast Reply box and likewise with their member names... :facepalm:

Somehow, I noticed that before I noticed that the post count/ interests/ etc are hidden by default.

i think there is a bug, i can't preview posts i write anymore.

let me check this:

*clicks on preview*

it's okay, i can preview posts

but...

*creates thread*

yeah i can't preview thread. When i click on "preview" i'm redirected to the forum's index

View Postencey, on 12 October 2010 - 12:06 PM, said:

Now it doesn't even matter than I have over 10,000 posts! :(

*Quick Fart*

yea it does, because you still have that circle shit underneath your user title that indicates how many post you have.

oh, sweeeet (although you see it doesn't seem to be able to handle embedded quotes)

-- cool!

let me check this:

*clicks on preview*

but...

*creates thread*

yeah i can't preview thread. When i click on "preview" i'm redirected to the forum's index

This post has been edited by Babar: Today, 02:19 PM

So when creating a new thread, you cannot preview it before posting? I'll check it out.

Yes, it appears that's the case - the similar topics thing is causing a conflict with it. Let me see if there's a fix, and if not, I'll disable it (although how many people preview topics before posting, I wonder?)

After clicking on this thread, I have seen the new layout for the first time - I was shocked to find that you've removed post count, interests etc. from each post, but overall, I like the new features. I always use the Fast Reply box (I'm using it right now) and before, if I wanted to quote someone, I would have to click "Reply" and arrive at another page before being able to make my post. Not anymore.

Guest tht tne

let me check this:

*clicks on preview*

but...

*creates thread*

This post has been edited by Babar: Today, 02:19 PM

So when creating a new thread, you cannot preview it before posting? I'll check it out.

Yes, it appears that's the case - the similar topics thing is causing a conflict with it. Let me see if there's a fix, and if not, I'll disable it (although how many people preview topics before posting, I wonder?)

i preview my posts almost every single time, i'm really missing that feature... not to rush you or anything just answering your q

also when you create a new thread there is an auto-thing that comes up that shows threads that have a similar title now?

I haven't seen this - I guess because I haven't created a new thread since the changes - but it sound really cool. Could cut down on all the jazz up in here if people actually pay attention to it. I'd like to see this in action.

How exactly does this work? When I click a reply button it quotes a post but goes to a new page, not a Fast Reply.

I use the preview often. I didn't notice an absence of the Preview button in recent days. Perhaps because I often use the Fast Reply box and the "Use Full Editor" button works in the same way.

One recent change I find annoying is the auto-subtitle for threads. I like to read the subtitles when I'm browsing the forum index (after reading the main title of course), and then when I get in a thread I'm reading the same thing again. It feels very annoying because it's redundant. I prefer that there's no subtitle at all if the creator decides not to write one (it also makes it easier to scan the forum index when not every thread has a subtitle).

Archived