IGNORED

SP album recommendation

crono3

I got into SP with Hello Everything and that is my favorite album probably because of that. I also have JAS & Numbers Lucent (both are great), Hard Normal Daddy (some great tracks though don't feel it's as consistent as the 2 previously mentioned albums), and 16 Selection (apart from a few good tracks... really not feeling this one). I'm wondering where I should go from here?? Any advice or recommendations?

Oh, and I'm grabbing d'Demonstrator when it hits as I found it pretty awesome!

Guest Calx Sherbet

well you seem to really like it more melodic approach. i say shift over to the opposite side of the spectrum and listen to something stark like go plastic. if you don't really want to hear something so tightly wound and crushing, listen to his downtempo music like Music is Rotted. it's a little more jazzy too.

Feed me Weird Things is pretty much everything mixed together

oh and yea, Square Window all the way

Hey thanks guys! I kinda remember hearing some stuff from Ultravisitor awhile back and really liking it... I'll probably go with that one and see what happens!

The general consensus here seems like go plastic & ultravisitor is where it's at. Are these generally more loved than his older albums?

• 2 weeks later...

Got Ultravisitor and I'm totally in love with this!! I love the unrelentless brutality, and it's completely balanced out by slower tracks... I'm sure it'll take many more listens to soak it all up but already I think it's my new fav SP!

Thanks guys!

Got Ultravisitor and I'm totally in love with this!! I love the unrelentless brutality, and it's completely balanced out by slower tracks... I'm sure it'll take many more listens to soak it all up but already I think it's my new fav SP!

Thanks guys!

FMWT, obviously :shrug:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thepilot

I tend to agree about that particular release of Big Loada. Is that label still in existence? I know nothing (zing) about them but they were pretty prescient in the sense of releasing "idm" records in America at an early time. My copy of budakhan mindphone and music is rotted one note have the same warp/nothing imprint.

Archived