IGNORED

time traveler in old chaplin flick

data

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hearing aid?

edit: busted

false edit: but were they battery powered?

1921: Earl C. Hansen invents and patents the first vacuum tube hearing aid. Called the “Vactuphone,” the instrument was battery-powered and employed a single triode.

http://beckerexhibits.wustl.edu/did/timeline/index.htm

Similar device from 1910:

bmVp5.jpg

Guest analogue wings

You have two choices in life. Believe the things you want to be true, or google for two seconds and kill your buzz.

Which will you choose?

Lord Darwin awaits...

charles-darwin-320x240.jpg

Guest analogue wings

Except the studio will screw him on the deal by taking advantage of his total incapacity for critical thought.

LOL, guy's attempted career is over.

Even if it were a phone, who would she be ringing? If ever time-travel were to be invented I don't think we'd need handsets anymore.

yeah, i honestly believed she was a time traveler from the future, i was like no way, but it appears she is talking into her hearing device.

so anyway, here's a russian beatboxer instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A94EEk2rZpU#t=36

But what, is she talking to herself? A crazy person talking into a battery-powered hearing aid in the '20s? To me that's only slightly less plausible than a time-traveler.

The dude's glasses are dumb but he's kinda hot :wub:

I watched the clip earlier today and this has got to be one of the stupidest claims ever. First of all, like Gary C said, who would she be ringing? And no, she doesn't look into the camera at any point of the video. And why would this be a man? What difference would it make? I can definitely see that she's holding on to something which could be a hearing aid device like chaosmachine mentions or maybe she's just holding onto her hat.

Also, the moon is hollow.

Guest Backson

201004161615.jpg

the other article did the whole "this is totally explainable" thing and then linked images of all different clothing items available at the time. But not very well, so I don't buy it.

i am still under the impression this could be real, if for some reason hipster fashion catches on in the scientific community when time travel is available.

201004161615.jpg

the other article did the whole "this is totally explainable" thing and then linked images of all different clothing items available at the time. But not very well, so I don't buy it.

i am still under the impression this could be real, if for some reason hipster fashion catches on in the scientific community when time travel is available.

I don't get why people tend to go for the more unlikelier explanation in things like this? Is it the same reason people believe in god?

Guest Backson

whats the unlikelier, mine or the "he just wore a weird combination of things that day"?

cos i'm just not sold on the latter.

whats the unlikelier, mine or the "he just wore a weird combination of things that day"?

cos i'm just not sold on the latter.

Holy fucking shit.

Archived