IGNORED

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Guest El_Chemso

Here's my take on campers: Nothing wrong with it as a strategy per se, but in an 'arcady' fps like CoD, it takes the fun and strategy out of the run-and-gun style matches. Even snipers have to keep moving because of killcams and close respawn points. Camping is more suited to a game like BFBC2, with a slower, more strategic pace.

I just play hardcore all the time, which eliminates the kill cam. I swear, the kill cam has got to be the most annoying part of regular style play. I don't want my enemy knowing where I am!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my take on campers: Nothing wrong with it as a strategy per se, but in an 'arcady' fps like CoD, it takes the fun and strategy out of the run-and-gun style matches. Even snipers have to keep moving because of killcams and close respawn points. Camping is more suited to a game like BFBC2, with a slower, more strategic pace.

I just play hardcore all the time, which eliminates the kill cam. I swear, the kill cam has got to be the most annoying part of regular style play. I don't want my enemy knowing where I am!

it prevents camping.

which is good.

it prevents camping.

which is good.

Not really

it prevents camping.

which is good.

Not really

lol

Guest ruiagnelo

i love the whole cinematic feeling and atmosphere of it, which is what i love in CoD, tho it's strange that a player seems to be losing control with each new call of duty game. there are a lot of cutscenes or action sequences that develop automatically. while sometimes this is perfectly logical, like when it used to happen in MW2, others it is just ridiculous.

so far the story seems well crafted, but i haven't finished it yet, so it is not really possible to comment on this. the way it alternates between characters makes it very interesting to play.

the graphics are amazing as expected, especially the vietnam jungle scenes. the texture work is incredible.

still, on a related note, i think that even the first source engine games are pretty much impossible to beat. there is something, a formula, that brings great realism with simple tricks.

Guest ruiagnelo

finished it already.

everything about the story is fine.

but there is something really fucked up on the AI. sometimes a teammate will be directly in contact with an enemy, and still it will ignore him, making it easy for you to get killed. it really is annoying and wasn't that bad in previous CoDs.

also in one of the last cutscenes, left 4 dead reference? because they are four and holding weapons, ready to fight zombies.

dunno if has anything to do with it, but sure was funny to see.

also in one of the last cutscenes, left 4 dead reference? because they are four and holding weapons, ready to fight zombies.

did you happen to play Nazi Zombies? That is what it is referencing. Far better game than the shit Left 4 Dead series...and it is free w/ COD.

did you happen to play Nazi Zombies? That is what it is referencing. Far better game than the shit Left 4 Dead series...and it is free w/ COD.

how dare you say such a thing about l4d the best co op game in the UNVIVERSE

*deletes all wisp music*

Guest ruiagnelo

if you wanna kill some zombies, l4d is the way.

seriously the CoD zombie mode is really only joke level.

At this point, I am convinced that you don't have any idea what you are talking about. Fail.

Guest ruiagnelo

At this point, I am convinced that you don't have any idea what you are talking about. Fail.

and i am convinced that you haven't played l4d properly

and i am convinced that you haven't played l4d properly

same story for a lot of people who pass judgment on that game.. they rent it, play it for a couple days and say DERP I DONT LIKE DA SINGLE PLAYER or WHERES DA DEATHMATCH and never touch it again.. pretty sad really

to everyone who thinks these games are great: FUKNLOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RULv6HbgEjY

it's pretty sad isn't it. The impression of doing something leading to the false sense of danger being avoided/averted through use of skills that the player never possessed in the first place. Welcome to the sick sad world of pandering for mass market appeal.

fkn

woah.

friendly NPCs with infinite health and ammo have been around for a long time, but i can't remember any times where they could actually play the game for me.

that...that's really sad. :(

i suppose they'll sell more copies doing something like this, or something. maybe word will get around amongst the 9 year olds that black ops is a game that's really fun and easy to be good at?

the graphics are good though

ummm that video is fake, theres no way he is playing on hardened. i played that level and you die in like 3 shots if you are getting hit. at the end there when hes starting to fly away in the plane the bullets do no damage to him, he was either playing it on easy or had a cheat on.

ummm that video is fake, theres no way he is playing on hardened. i played that level and you die in like 3 shots if you are getting hit. at the end there when hes starting to fly away in the plane the bullets do no damage to him, he was either playing it on easy or had a cheat on.

That's what I was thinking.

basically, stick it in your pipe and smoke it, you autoaiming scum.

i must make this point:

as long as you play that level AND ONLY SHOOT DURING THE FORCED CUT SCENES WHERE YOU HAVE TO SHOOT, LIKE THE GUY SHOWS YOU then you are effectively invisible to the enemy, because the NPCs are shooting, they're the targets...not you.

so yeah. well done Treyarch

Guest El_Chemso

I had a good xbox related weekend. Played with the new kinect which was very impressive. Looking forward to seeing how they implement it in hardcore games.

I also replayed the first few levels of MW2, OMG what an amazing game that was, no wonder Black Ops seems so shit.

And I also played Medal of Honor, far the superior game in terms of graphics and multiplayer and SP. So my black ops is heading in for trade in. Dunno if I'll even finish the SP campaign.

Guest ruiagnelo

I also replayed the first few levels of MW2, OMG what an amazing game that was, no wonder Black Ops seems so shit.

indeed.

MW2 is so ahead of the new CoD. in so many ways

Archived