IGNORED

It is confirmed

Guest Gump

Commonwealth Games: Scots pair take gold despite beetle-mania

By Jon Woods

(Filed: 23/03/2006)

In pics: Melbourne day seven

Commonwealth Games medals table

Paul Foster and Alex Marshall, ranked fifth and sixth in the world, struck gold for Scotland in the men's pairs in the Commonwealth Games lawn bowls championships at the Darebin International Centre in Melbourne yesterday.

Marshall, from East Lothian, was defending the title he won with George Sneddon in Manchester four years ago, while Foster, from Ayrshire, who has won the world indoor singles title three times, was competing in his first Games.

In the final, which was interrupted by the arrival of a plague of African black beetles (Heteronychus arator), the Scottish pair defeated England's Mark Bantock and Ian Bond, 11-6, 2-12, 2-0. A 20-minute break between sets, in which the greenkeeper, Peter Barron, hoovered the insects off the rink, upset the Scots, and gave fresh impetus to Bantock and Bond.

The picture in the paper was at night

The thousands of Beetles descended on the grass as it was damp from the dew

confirmed - they come out at night when it is cool and the ground is damp

the paper says so - so it must be true

except it's summertime in australia, so maybe it was because of the heat

but it is warmer in the day time so they would have come out then if that was the case

Obviously it's night. It's always been night. Never been anything BUT night. NIGHT NIGHT NIGHT NIGHT. FUCKING NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I told you... I confirmed it was night from the man himself. What more do you want?

i don't believe you.

he's in the huff with you for not saying his musics were amazing.

anyway, it's heat.

I told you... I confirmed it was night from the man himself. What more do you want?

so which one did he say?

undeniable proof

heat.mp3

it still sounds like "they come out at night" to me even though I was convinced by goon it's "they come out in the heat." I guess it's 'cause I'm just not used to goofy british accents.

undeniable proof

heat.mp3

Oh my god. I havent even heard this song - but I listened to the sample. It is heat.

He is saying heat.

HOW IN THE NAME OF GOOD GOD FUCK COULD YOU THINK IT'S ANYTHING ELSE.

Guest meneedit
Beatles

Under my carpet

Under my feet

They come out in the heat

fucking hell so i'm not a freak!!!!!!!!! it really is "under my carpet" and "under my feet". I just settled for those two because I wasnt sure what he was saying.

Oh yeah and to put this to rest...

Have you ever sat in front of your computer on a hot night with no lights on?

The insects and things are attracted to light and keep landing on your screen. all the beetles somehow manage to find their may into your house. He's obviously making some music in the dark with all this shit going on.

cyas

:shade:

Guest Morgan Dunn
Beatles

Under my carpet

Under my feet

They come out in the heat

no. its

beatles

eat a park mit

under fat Pete,

they explore moldy wheat

Guest roygbiv

I dont want to get flamed, but I will never believe it is anything other than "they come out in the heat" just listen to it. I mean obviously it is! "under my FEET, they come out in the HEAT". It rhymes!

Archived