IGNORED

pub grub

Guest boo

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ya wings and bleu cheese. crispy-ish wings, medium. too hot ruins the taste of my beer...

edit- now i want to go down the street for a rochefort and burger. cept i have to work pretty soon.

cullen skink is staple pub grub here. smoked haddock, leaks, onions, potatoes & cream. slab of nice bread. so tasty

another favourite of mine is a steak sandwich with caramelised red onions and horseradish or mustard mayo

Yes!

Also, steak & ale pie, a burger (only if it's a good one made on-premises) or mussels & chips.

All accompanied by a pint of Guinness.

a lot of people like moules frites. all it takes is one bad mussel though.

This is true. Worth the gamble though - I've been lucky so far.

Since I don't drink or frequent pubs, I can only attest to having had 'pub' style food via my grocer's frozen foods aisle.

How about stuffed Jalapeno Poppers? (Jalapeno peppers stuffed with cheddar cheese, batter dipped and deep fried)

btw, reading this thread, i dont know what kind of upper class champagne drinking dinner jacket wearing gay ass pubs you guys go to. the poshest thing you get in the average pub over here is a sirloin steak and chips.

irish stew, sliders, or wings. nachos are good too.

in korea me and some co-workers used to go this place which had bbq turkey with some kind of brown sauce that was the gastro equivalent of crack.

Since I don't drink or frequent pubs, I can only attest to having had 'pub' style food via my grocer's frozen foods aisle.

How about stuffed Jalapeno Poppers? (Jalapeno peppers stuffed with cheddar cheese, batter dipped and deep fried)

frozen food aisle? man, either frozen food in australia is terrible or pub food is amazing, because they aren't alike at all!

also, i had jalapeno poppers for the first time a few weeks ago, fucking amazing! i could easily eat 10-20 of them in one sitting, haha.

Guest David R James

I used love a good pub burger and chips. where the burgers were char-grilled which added that flavour, can't seem to find a good one at the moment.

btw, reading this thread, i dont know what kind of upper class champagne drinking dinner jacket wearing gay ass pubs you guys go to. the poshest thing you get in the average pub over here is a sirloin steak and chips.

Hahaha I was thinking the same thing! A lot of the time if I'm eating at a pub it's because it feels like my head's getting kicked in by Satan from the night before and I want hair of the dog and the biggest, juiciest burger on the menu. With extra bacon.

Saying that my housemate is a chef and he works in a pub that does the best Sunday roast ever. It costs a tenner and destroys everything in its path

just wondering what food you enjoy, or might enjoy, in a pub

lasagne, chips and salad. Noone makes decent lasagne and it's never the fanciest thing on the menu, but whatever. I likes lasagne. garfield_1__thumb.gif

not that i ever go out anywhere and eat. ever

Archived