IGNORED

Turntables

Guest Sprigg

Theres almost no need for technics 1200s unless youre planning to do spinning or scratching. If you just want a nice used turntable to listen to records at home get a Dual of some sort.

I sold my 1200s and bought this and upgraded the needle with $100 to spare. Havent missed the Technics at all.

http://www.amazon.com/Technica-AT-LP60-Automatic-Driven-Turntable/dp/B002GYTPAE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1290188639&sr=8-1

dumb question but that table isn't 'automatic only', is it?

also, i have a few of these (diff model but same design)

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=turntable+cartridge&hl=en&safe=off&biw=1680&bih=867&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=5003994717042521734&ei=4_XmTI2BIYzSngectfXDDQ&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CFcQ8wIwAw#

will that function with this table?

false rumour.

I hope so but this seems pretty real to me.

http://www.factmag.com/2010/11/18/panasonic-confirms-the-end-of-technics-turntables/

you do realise that this rumour goes round every year, around this time.

there has been no official word from Technics or Panasonic about this, only reportings through various fucking blogs.

i would advise salt for that shitty tasting rumour soup you have there

Alright chill the fuck out you prick. Damn you got a lot of fuckin anger lol.

i get angrier when people continue to perpetuate bullshit rumours posted by self-important blogs and music sites, without any shred of proof, yet it's still regarded by the clueless as 'fact'?

yes. i do.

:snares:

Audio Technica AT-LP120USB

that looks like a 1200 replica. belt drive though i guess.

Nah it's a DD table. Has VTA for the arm, reverse play, does 78rpm and a built in preamp plus USB. I've not used one myself but from what I've read on it, it seems like amazing VFM at that price - I'd recommend it over anything Pro-ject offers.

Nah it's a DD table. Has VTA for the arm, reverse play, does 78rpm and a built in preamp plus USB. I've not used one myself but from what I've read on it, it seems like amazing VFM at that price - I'd recommend it over anything Pro-ject offers.

that almost sounds too good to be true

i have one of these and love it. sure i wanted the expensive technics, but my wife wanted to get me a turntable as an anniversary gift and she found this as an alternative to spending $$$. i'm no expert but i have had no problems, and it was perfect for what i want, which is occasional to frequent listening. i haven't used the usb, so i cant speak to that, i've only run it into the "line in" on my pc and it has worked out fine.

read some reviews on this, from what i've read, others have had good experiences too.

there's also a cheaper solution if you don't own an amplifier/receiver or hi-fi soundsystem. i'm using standard 2-channel mixer which can be very cheap and already has a built-in phono amp. i have powered monitors for output. One channel is the audio output from my computer, the other is for the turntable.

• 2 months later...

Archived