IGNORED

Hype Williams - Find Out What Happens When People Stop Being Polite, And Start Gettin' Reel

Redruth

i preordered the shit out of this shit. still kind of salty that i'd missed out on buying every other single release by this group.

as far as chopped and screwed-derivative independent music goes, witchhouse sucks a milelong dick compared to hype williams.

Some interesting stuff from this guy. Youtube channel: "pollyjacobsen"

madrealworld.jpg

Yeah the title comes from a line in the Chappelle's Show episode The Mad Real World. Awesome episode.

lol you're kidding, right? This line is said in the opening credits of every episode of the actual Real World show on mtv. The Chappelle Show was a parody of that.

Yeah the title comes from a line in the Chappelle's Show episode The Mad Real World. Awesome episode.

lol you're kidding, right? This line is said in the opening credits of every episode of the actual Real World show on mtv. The Chappelle Show was a parody of that.

Ah, my bad. Never bothered to watch The Real World.

• 2 weeks later...

What the hell is going on? I wanted to buy this but its €20 for 1 LP with 2 tracks. That is ridiculous.

Wait, are you referring to the record this thread is named after? It's like ten or twelve tracks, but definitely runs short at around 25 minutes. Not a great runtime for a record priced as an LP. Still really excellent though, and worth picking up since it's their first widely available release.

What the hell is going on? I wanted to buy this but its €20 for 1 LP with 2 tracks. That is ridiculous.

Wait, are you referring to the record this thread is named after? It's like ten or twelve tracks, but definitely runs short at around 25 minutes. Not a great runtime for a record priced as an LP. Still really excellent though, and worth picking up since it's their first widely available release.

2 tracks there mate

http://bleep.com/index.php?page=release_details&releaseid=27646

2 tracks there mate

http://bleep.com/index.php?page=release_details&releaseid=27646

9 or 10 tracks, not sure why Bleep says it's only two tracks. Then again, the record sleeve and labels have absolutely no information.

http://boomkat.com/downloads/363589-hype-williams-find-out-what-happens-when-people-stop-being-polite-and-start-gettin-reel

http://www.discogs.com/Hype-Williams-Find-Out-What-Happens-When-People-Stop-Being-Polite-And-Start-Gettin-Real/release/2598242

edit: actually, Get Choong And Look At The Sky only appears as the title of a youtube video—isn't actually on any of their releases afaik, so not sure where Bleep got that either.

this record is the fucking tits!

and no asymm,

not the director

so basically these guys couldn't think of a name so they use he name of a pretty famous video director and he'll probably find out and sue?

Archived