IGNORED

Do You Feel You Are Evil

oyster

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no evil.

i agree. you can still get sucked into feeling it exists but it doesn't.

i don't know how to back that statement up but i think it might explain itself.

Lately I've grown to understand myself as truly evil. How about all of you

what is that picture in your avatar? it's tripping me out ... i feel deja vu looking at it but i'm pretty sure i've never actually seen it.

Guest Wall Bird

Well, I certainly feel complicit in a lot of activity that I, in theory, disagree with:

I am not vegan, despite the fact that I think it is highly immoral to treat entire species of animals as exploitable commodities in a worldwide industry.

I favor products that cost me less, although the prices are likely made possible from the exploitation of workers around the world. In short, my wealth could be attributed to the deprivation of others.

I pay my taxes into a system that uses a great deal of them to fund aggressive, violent, imperialist campaigns around the world.

I live in a city, a construct whose existence is an affront to the natural world and everything living in it. The idea of living in one while claiming to care about the environment is laughable and displays a profound cognitive dissonance.

So, although I do not feel it on a daily basis, I am complicit in several ongoing practices that I would simultaneously decry as immoral and, yes, somewhat evil.

Guest Adjective

if you call yourself evil then you're pretty much one of those girls on jerry springer that says "i'm a bitch and prrrroud of it!"

you'll start using it as an excuse for all your shitty behavior

Guest Lube Saibot

i compulsively make beauty, to the ruination of everything else, if need be. is that selfish, or selfless?

i guess both.

if just the former... is selfishness evil? or simply human?

Archived