IGNORED

how often between trips?

Guest happycase

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a ridiculous statement by Iain to be fair but i tend to disagree with him about a lot of stuff, i've noticed lol (no offence Iain). I'd love to take psychadelics but i dont trust my brain enough.

thanks for pointing that out, thankfully i could never be truly offended by anything posted here. profoundly annoyed, but not offended.

"psychonaut" types just get right up my nose. the worst sort of self-righteous drug bores.

Guest happycase

if you have a modicum of self-control, it's better not to try and be regular about it. take a trip. let it sink in. take another when you feel ready. there's a little voice inside of me (quite a nagging one, actually) that i listen to for these sort of decisions. i suppose the most important part is to not go on a bender and lose some of your connection with reality (e.g. tripping should be balanced out with reality).

I listen to and respond to this voice frequently. When I filter out its tone, the message is often clarity.

if you have a modicum of self-control, it's better not to try and be regular about it. take a trip. let it sink in. take another when you feel ready. there's a little voice inside of me (quite a nagging one, actually) that i listen to for these sort of decisions. i suppose the most important part is to not go on a bender and lose some of your connection with reality (e.g. tripping should be balanced out with reality).

this describes it well.

That's a ridiculous statement by Iain to be fair but i tend to disagree with him about a lot of stuff, i've noticed lol (no offence Iain). I'd love to take psychadelics but i dont trust my brain enough.

thanks for pointing that out, thankfully i could never be truly offended by anything posted here. profoundly annoyed, but not offended.

"psychonaut" types just get right up my nose. the worst sort of self-righteous drug bores.

i dont know any psychonaut types so maybe that explains something! Still a ridiculous over generalisation though.

edit. Just wanted to add that i know a lot of people who have done acid or mushrooms

Guest tht tne

i dont know any psychonaut types so maybe that explains something! Still a ridiculous over generalisation though.

edit. Just wanted to add that i know a lot of people who have done acid or mushrooms

what are your drugs of choice Rambo

Do psychedelic drugs have any connection to mental illness?

I really would like a good answer to this question. From all the experiences that I've had and things that I've seen and added up over the years - the answer is obviously yes.

I don't think it's a matter of pre-existing conditions being the problem / "don't blame the drug." I believe that these drugs are innately unhealthy, especially when used multiple times - not that the benefits don't occasionally outweigh the risks.

I dont do anything. I used to smoke pot and gave up when i stopped smoking about 5 years ago. As i said before, mushrooms/DMT/LSD is the kind of thing i'd like to do but i dont trust my brain enough to take them.

Guest tht tne

I dont do anything. I used to smoke pot and gave up when i stopped smoking about 5 years ago. As i said before, mushrooms/DMT/LSD is the kind of thing i'd like to do but i dont trust my brain enough to take them.

i figured you found a way to get high off a pile of goo that used to be your best friend's face or something

same. i would definitely like to take DMT to finish off my explorations but when I think about it I feel scared that it might be a bad idea in the long run / mental health wise. it's important to me though, in a way.

Guest happycase

i use mushrooms. in a spiritual peak, ego-death, identification with spirit, the awesomeness that isn't is revealed as what i always am before and after a movie, before and after a planet. without a meditation practice this becomes an indulgence. with a meditation practice, something more consistent, but a delusion. without self-control and moderation i'm left feeling scrambled in sober consciousness, which i enjoy, since it is an uncongested scrambling, but do not wish to go too far into. it's more important for me to use my time to balance the openings with my personal man-drama than to attain and persist in any state of being or non-being.

Guest hahathhat

tripping gives you lots of ideas, but it doesn't get them done. i feel it's really important to balance the doing with the dreaming, or you get really whacked out.

i've tripped once... it was pretty crazy. done lots of pot in the past to make me a better and worse (health) person. i dunno. dreams are my way of tripping. i have incredibly lucid interesting dreams pretty much every night. also i quit drinking ( i'm not preaching) 2. 5 years ago? what that has made me learnt is i don't have to be drunk off my tits to have a good time but at the same time i'm less inclined to go to parties...

i've triped more than 20 times, shrooms, lsd, mezcaline

i haven't triped for about a year or so...

over here we are like hillbillys and just laugh all night instead of having spiritual awakenings

i'm gona regret posting this but whatever...

the more frequently you do acid the less effective it becomes, the more you have to take and the heavier the experience gets and the deeper into Sid Barret land you go

It also depends on the responsibilities you have in real life like a job or family as you need time for your brain to recover so if you can lazy about all day doing fuck all then your probably going to be ready for your next trip a lot sooner

for me now its mainly decent festivals which only come round once or twice a year which you'll find is mainly a haven for like minded people of all ages and backgrounds to do shit like this in safety and in surroundings that can only enhance the experience

it's almost like a religious gathering of sorts but one of life's greatest experiences that should be respected and cherished as long as you can find the balance that works for you

http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/2010/dec/21/carsten-holler-soma

The urine is collected by handlers and stored in fridges by the walls, which also hold both dried and fresh fly agaric mushrooms. By day they're locked, but at night the fridges are opened, allowing people staying over to sample the contents. However, because only half the reindeer are fed the mushrooms, it's impossible to know which bottles, if any, contain hallucinogenic urine.

Tanja Klein, 28, won a competition to spend the night in the museum with her boyfriend, Sachar Kriwoj, 30. "I wasn't going to go and drink six bottles of reindeer urine to find out," says Klein. "I'm not into drugs, I'm into art."

Höller hasn't tried the urine, but he has tried the mushrooms. "They're very unpleasant," he says, speaking from his home in Stockholm. "And you throw up. The first four times I tried it, I became comatose. Then you wake up, throw up, and you don't know where you are, or how long you've been asleep. The sixth time, I started to chant like a Tibetan monk."

that is so fucking cool, everything about that project is just unabashedly ridiculous. Although, I really did enjoy reading R. Gordon Wasson's "Soma: Divine Mushroom of Immortality."

Guest happycase

bridge%20web.JPG

back to the topic, so, happycase, do you consider yourself death when not tripping??

na. batman by day. eternal one by night.

Archived