IGNORED

Revenge Of The Sith Review, 110 minutes long

zazen

Yes! Exactly! Its because the sense of mystery around his origins is central to his awesomeness in the originals. Only knowing small bits allows your mind to wonder at all the badassery caused by him turning to the dark side. Now that it's all written out in cheesy over-emotional dialogue, Darth Vader just seems like a pussy now.

And it lets you relate to Luke because you know just as much as he does about Vader. It gets you emotionally involved because as he learns more so do you.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes! Exactly! Its because the sense of mystery around his origins is central to his awesomeness in the originals. Only knowing small bits allows your mind to wonder at all the badassery caused by him turning to the dark side. Now that it's all written out in cheesy over-emotional dialogue, Darth Vader just seems like a pussy now.

And it lets you relate to Luke because you know just as much as he does about Vader. It gets you emotionally involved because as he learns more so do you.

absolutely. the one minor gripe i have with plinkett's analysis is that i still think in some sense it was about Darth Vader, Luke was the resolution of Darth Vader's dilemma, which was a microcosm of the whole human condition/Empire vs. Rebellion.

THough I might be completely off here, I dunno.

That isn't to say that Darth Vader should have been the focus on screen. The fact he was so badass is because you honestly didn't really see him that much in the originals. He just popped in, fucked everyone up, and left.

Guest disparaissant

I have never seen revenge of the sith.

i would recommend keeping it that way.

i've only seen it once. same with ep 2.

think i saw ep 1 three times, it was like a hostage situation each time.

I've also seen them once, and half a fan edit of phantom menace that was supposed to turn it into a good film, according to people on the net. It didn't.

Guest disparaissant

morbidly curious to see this fan edit but i think maybe i'll just re-rewatch the episode 1 review instead

Guest disparaissant

didn't mythbusters actually polish a turd?

either way, really shiny turd is a perfect description of the prequels. shit is shiny as fuck.

I have never seen any star wars film ever, except for The Phantom Menance (under forced curcimstances (meaning i had to watch it with some fat guy. he did offer me pizzarolls tho. they were bad))

I must be a rare kind of nerd

lazyness has prevented me from seeing the originals, that and because of the constant star wars references EVERYWHERE i kinda know everything that happened in the movies, wich puts me off even further

I still enjoyed those reviews tho

I thought I didn't like the Phantom Menance because of my massive Star Wars ignorance, but it's good to see that the whole storyline didn't make sense whatsoever

Just watched this and I thought it was the best Plinkett review so far (I've seen them all).

The chick in the black costume wanting revenge looks great too, can't wait for it to go on. Some other psycho scenes I didn't like that much in the previous reviews.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I fell asleep in the cinema during the lava fight scene in Revenge Of The Sith so I actually saw some new material while watching this review

Guest Calx Sherbet

lazyness has prevented me from seeing the originals, that and because of the constant star wars references EVERYWHERE i kinda know everything that happened in the movies, wich puts me off even further

pop culture references don't do incredible story telling any justice, i say watch them

LOL at the phantom edit. good attempt i guess:

* Re-editing of nearly all scenes featuring Jar Jar Binks and removing some of what Nichols dubs 'Jar Jar Antics.'

* Removal or re-editing of most of the Battle Droid dialogue

* Limiting of exposition throughout the film

* Trimming scenes involving politics

* Re-arrangement of shots and scenes to match the original Star Wars trilogy's presentation style

* Removal of "Yippee" and "Oops" from Anakin's dialogue

* Removal of dialogue that specifies the nature of midichlorians as a biological basis for Force sensitivity.

Guest Fishtank

I fell asleep in the cinema during the lava fight scene in Revenge Of The Sith so I actually saw some new material while watching this review

I walked out of Attack of the Clones so most of that review was new for me

clearly I didn't miss anything

• 2 months later...
Guest inteeliguntdesign

Fucking mint.

I can't wait to watch this.

I now think that Jorge should definitely continue with Star Wars, simply because I'll get to watch more of these.

Guest inteeliguntdesign

Damnit. He's uploaded it to blip.tv. I can't watch non-youtube (not sure how youtube gets around it) shit until after midnight as I destroy my mobile bandwidth allocation for the month in about 2 days. I wanted to procrastinate /now/. :'-(

Archived