IGNORED

Fact Mag speaks for us all! Lol

beerwolf

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

""I’ve got six [albums] completed," says Richard D. James. "Two are very non-commercial, abstract, modular-synthesis, field recordings – those I finished four years ago. Another one is Melodies From Mars, which I redid about three years ago. There’s one of stuff I won’t go into; a comp of old tracks which is never really finished and always changing; and then one I’m working on now." Right, well done, all you need to do now is release one."

aha aha aha.....

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Who the fuck is Aphex?

Lol. You know mate.

Hez the geezer who makes music but doesn't release it. But tells his fans about it none-the-less. Why? I don't know. He obviously has a twisted sense of humour and there's nowt wrong with that. I guess...

Not only is Mr James the King of Sonic Inventions (or was a decade ago when Drukqs came out, and that was a long time ago), but he is also the King of Pranksters of the Musical Realm.

Not sure if I am getting to old for it, but the (almost) piss-take out of your own fans is getting slightly boring. It was all bit a laugh and a bit of a joke once-upon-a-time, but most of us are getting older and perhaps the joke is wearing thin? Maybe it's just me.

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Who the fuck is Aphex?

Lol. You know mate.

Hez the geezer who makes music but doesn't release it. But tells his fans about it none-the-less. Why? I don't know. He obviously has a twisted sense of humour and there's nowt wrong with that. I guess...

Not only is Mr James the King of Sonic Inventions (or was a decade ago when Drukqs came out, and that was a long time ago), but he is also the King of Pranksters of the Musical Realm.

Not sure if I am getting to old for it, but the (almost) piss-take out of your own fans is getting slightly boring. It was all bit a laugh and a bit of a joke once-upon-a-time, but most of us are getting older and perhaps the joke is wearing thin? Maybe it's just me.

Ive never seen the appeal of jerking your fans around the place. I can get the privacy thing, but this misinformation crap is boring.

Guest hahathhat

'cos i dunno, this internet thing is here, and type type fap

also, because that's all there is to discuss. if you're stuck at a train stop with a boring book, you're still probably going to read the book.

Guest hahathhat

maybe if someone wrote something that shat all over drukqs? lure the old crank out by breaking a few windows...

then again, maybe he's spent. drukqs was his best, and anything else he does might only diminish his legacy, so he clams up then and there.

fact mag doesnt speak for me, especially after they ranked the Salem album #3 album of the year, fuck those guys seriously

Don't speak for me either mate. Where the fuck was North Manc Beds ep? Heheh

Glad some of you fellas agree with my thoughts. The whole ninja/SAS/secret-squirrel joke has worn thin imo. No more 'Dicking' around please.

it should be reiterated that since Drukqs was released Richard has given us 26 Mixes for Cash, all the Analord records, The Tuss and Chosen Lords. Not too bad really...annoyingly, people just think in terms of the Aphex Twin moniker and aren't happy with anything else.

it should be reiterated that since Drukqs was released Richard has given us 26 Mixes for Cash, all the Analord records, The Tuss and Chosen Lords. Not too bad really...annoyingly, people just think in terms of the Aphex Twin moniker and aren't happy with anything else.

Of course you are correct BCM. Analords equals great music but my Nan could of done a better job of releasing it, but that's beside the point. The jist of what I am trying to say is that I am getting bored with the whole cloak and dagger shit. I think it's been done to death. We're all getting older, perhaps it's time to move on a little? Not saying that I want to see Aphex gracing Hello! magazine but it's getting boring.

All I can say is that I don't envy Steve Beckett. Can you imagine having to deal with BoC and Aphex? Hahah, poor bloke. Dealing with Mariah Carey would proberbly more straight forward and less stressful.

If somebody told you they were going to build you a garden wall by march 2009, and nothing was done by january 2011, you'd have the right to get a little miffed.

The annoying thing is I will be like a child at Christmas when it comes, and all will be forgiven. Damn it!

Guest CapriBuddha

That's because what people really want are the catchy melodies and accessibility of his Aphex Twin albums. 26 Mixes for Cash comes close but none of it really compares with the likes of Flim, Avril 14th, Fingerbib etc.

Archived