IGNORED

Yellowstone volcano acting up

karmakramer

Guest hahathhat

here are other disasters we have no idea precisely when will happen!!

- sun goes white dwarf

- thermodynamic death of the universe

- judgement day and the return of christ

- president sarah palin (2012 or 2016?)

The message is that there are known "knowns." There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.

Guest hahathhat

The message is that there are known "knowns." There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.

unknowns make me PANIC!!!

Guest nene multiple assgasms

It's Michio Kaku, who seems to be the go-to guy for science stuff on the news. I don't know why they didn't have a geologist on there instead of a theoretical physicist.

yeah, I wonder why he didn't decline the offer for an interview and recommend they talk to a geologist acquaintance of his.

Based on geologic evidence, Yellowstone has probably seen a continuous cycle of inflation and deflation over the past 15,000 years, and the cycle will likely continue, Smith said.

:whistling:

Yellowstone National Park is sitting on top of a supervolcano and scientists say that it just took a "deep breath."

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2011/01/27/am.kaku.volcano.cnn?hpt=C2

2v0l9w3.png

:crazy:

not minnesota! greg norton lives there!

i'm not sure who made that map, but that's montana not minnesota--it should be "mt" not "mn". minnesota's to the east of north dakota. and americans wonder why the world thinks we're shit at geography!

:facepalm:

Archived