IGNORED

Dilla's Donuts performed live by a 3 piece jazz band

Guest IDMDGAF

without the vocals i don't really get it, part of the strong appeal for DOnuts for me are the repeating vocal phrases and little bits. Funny when jazz bands cover entirely sampled music, kind of like when Alarm will sound covered a mochipit song that was comprised of amen break samples and sampled hungarian music, kinda wtf. PArt of getting older i guess, makes it hard to understand what the fuck the kids are doing these days. weird!

This is really impressive ! And reminds me why I love so much this album. And how much J Dilla was a genius.

Some covers here are just incredible. Waiting for the set to finish before I make any judgement.

I WANT TO RIP IT AND HAVE IT ON MY STEREO. Or my mp3 player, as you want.

OMG Time (donut of the heart) is just AMAZING ! Plus the Glazed transition ? NUTS.

Guest Deep Fried Everything

just listened to about the first minute and a half, and i'd say that i'd have a hard time figuring that this was meant to be a "donuts" cover if i wasn't told so beforehand.. decent but would've been better to experience it live, the recording's not so great.

Guest IDMDGAF

uh, no. It's used to differentiate between people that like a certain thing or object and the people who don't like (or h8) said thing/object. It states neither party being any more correct or informed than the other, merely highlights a difference in opinion.

don't like (or h8) said thing/object. It states neither party being any more correct or informed than the other, merely highlights a difference in opinion.

so am i correct in understand that to say one hates something is now equated with one not liking something? if so that's a pretty bad development in modern use of the english language

Guest IDMDGAF

don't like (or h8) said thing/object. It states neither party being any more correct or informed than the other, merely highlights a difference in opinion.

so am i correct in understand that to say one hates something is now equated with one not liking something? if so that's a pretty bad development in modern use of the english language

Not really relevant to your original argument, but yeah i suppose the two things are similar nowadays. I think it's a positive development which has come from the hiphop community initially, which is a community which specializes in giving the english language an amazing new meaning and fresh viewpoint. hyperbole aside, it's a phrase and people know what it means when it's used in everyday life, so i see no issue.

Archived