IGNORED

Japanese releases

chassis

Is there a logical reason, or any other reason, why Japanese releases seem to get bonus tracks?

Is it to gain fame in Japan? Seems a bit pointless to punish fans because of the country they live in.

Guest ruiagnelo

it is cheaper for japanese people to import records from out of their country, so japanese releases often include bonus tracks, to encourage them to buy records at home.

edit: i guess so.

edit 2: somehow i think the ones that really take advantage with this are the non-japanese people.

Thats fucking stupid. Give them a free poster or some shit. This just leads people to buy Japanese Imports in other countries.

Why is it cheaper for Japanese to import than to buy at home?

Guest ruiagnelo

Thats fucking stupid. Give them a free poster or some shit. This just leads people to buy Japanese Imports in other countries.

it is a marketing technique.

Why is it cheaper for Japanese to import than to buy at home?

not exactly sure why, but i know that records in Japan are quite expensive (probably something government related) when compared to western countries, and the japanese music market is huge and offering bonus stuff is there to provide an incentive to buy records inside the country.

Guest ezkerraldean

the Japanese, with their robots and hotels with tiny little cupboard-sized rooms, are the most IDM nation in the world. Consequently they are deemed to deserve slightly more IDM per capita than anyone else

Guest ruiagnelo

Because Japanese males have tiny penises , they need that bonus track to feel confident.

they also don't grow beards

MK-AQ287_JBEARD_20080623145703.jpg

you probably just googled something like 'japanese beards' or 'japan beards', so you obviously got images of japanese guys with beards.

but there is actually something related to genetics that makes it harder for japanese men to grow a beard. this is also valid for chinese and korean, as far as i know.

Because Japanese males have tiny penises , they need that bonus track to feel confident.

you probably just googled something like 'japanese beards' or 'japan beards', so you obviously got images of japanese guys with beards.

you're making me literally laugh out loud with your stating of the obvious :emotawesomepm9:

Guest ruiagnelo

you're making me literally laugh out loud with your stating of the obvious :emotawesomepm9:

yep. it's so obvious that it actually sounds funny :tongue:

I'm truly sick of japanese bonus tracks . They're usually meh or crap .

'' From one Source all Things depend '' is cock diesel ( one nod that comes to mind )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qrbfRqBdpY

i'd generally agree with you.

but blyz castl by autechre is fucking brilliant

I'd have to disagree with that (and I actually buy the CDs instead of just downloading the tracks themselves). Tortoise have provided some good stuff, plus ClnChr was OK (although Zurich 2001, Mcr Quarter and nu-Nr6d are pointless, granted). The new Mogwai album has tracks which I don't think are going to surface on CD elsewhere. Someone already mentioned Macquarie Ridge which IMO is better than a lot of the standard TCH tracks, plus I like From One Source myself, I think it works well after Magic Window, it sounds like a hidden track. Not exclusive, but Plaid put Miamivice on Spokes which is awesome. Fell on Double Figure is a fucking good track as well. Fair enough, Steepgrass Five is pretty shit, but at least it's 20 mins+.

And nearly all Japanese CDs have the obi strip, which is sexy AS FUCK.

it is cheaper for japanese people to import records from out of their country, so japanese releases often include bonus tracks, to encourage them to buy records at home.

correct.

and japan still has big market.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_industry

presale is same reason,the company want to sell own "expensive" release befroe cheaper stuff come in Japan.

but do not forget,almost bonus track is shit.if it is good,the artist will decide put the stuff into every release as "original track list".

no need envy :whistling:

different structure to the sale & distribution model in japan, seems to cause smaller runs & greater need for profit from each sale.

personally, although bonuses never attracted me, I don't think bands head towards 13 tracks, but usually make more than enough from which to pick an album & still have some left over.

Guest Calx Sherbet

this concept definitely makes it a pain for physical format completionists. spending like 60 dollars on a CD that would be around 10 in America.

Zurich 2001, Mcr Quarter and nu-Nr6d are pointless

WHOA! MCR Quarter is awesome.

Also, so is Medrey. I wish that closed out Tri Rep...

Zurich 2001, Mcr Quarter and nu-Nr6d are pointless

WHOA! MCR Quarter is awesome.

Also, so is Medrey. I wish that closed out Tri Rep...

I agree that Mcr Quarter is awesome, just thought that its inclusion as an extra track in the same quality as the live bootleg was a bit daft. If a proper 'studio' version had been included, then that would have been truly jizz-worthy. Still didn't stop me splashing out for the actual CD regardless though.

Archived