IGNORED

deerhoof

vamos scorcho

fantastic, super consistent and ever evolving band. they've had a terrific run from 99 till now, the only album i don't really dig is the first one.

nice. i recently found out one of the main dudes... the drummer... went to Oberlin. pretty awesome.

I never realized how much thought went into some of their tunes.

I haven't ever really explored pre-Reveille Deerhoof. I've been starting to change that recently. that album and everything after it is pure gold though.

• 3 weeks later...

this one is on the new album. beautiful

their albums and music are journey like. you travel many different places and feelings. i think saunier or whatever composes most of their music is a genius. when i say genius... he's capturing this really strong feeling of life and people. humanity. the epicness of what we're dealing with. i realize these words sound corny, try not to attech them to anything

favorite deerhoof song. makes me tear up

yeah the galaxist is my fav from that album too

this one is on the new album. beautiful

their albums and music are journey like. you travel many different places and feelings. i think saunier or whatever composes most of their music is a genius. when i say genius... he's capturing this really strong feeling of life and people. humanity. the epicness of what we're dealing with. i realize these words sound corny, try not to attech them to anything

wow i'll have to get this

can someone tell me the difference between deerhoof deerhunter animal collective panda bear giant panda golden panda fleet foxes pitchfork autofelatio

deerhoof is part of a completely different milieu, and were at their popularity peak earlier, but otherwise your association is spot on with deerhunter anco panda bear gold panda and pitchfork. I would take fleet foxes out of that too.

i could add a few more bands to that list too.

Guest MrSparkle666

can someone tell me the difference between deerhoof deerhunter animal collective panda bear giant panda golden panda fleet foxes pitchfork autofelatio

can someone tell me the difference between squarepusher aphex twin venetian snares chris clark autechre proem wisp prefuse73 flashbulb watmm donkeytugging

It's fine if you don't like a style of music, but there's no reason to be a cunt about it.

deerhoof is part of a completely different milieu, and were at their popularity peak earlier, but otherwise your association is spot on with deerhunter anco panda bear gold panda and pitchfork.

1rbzgp.jpg

deerhunter and animal collective could not be more different. for one deerhunter plays with minimal soundscapes and ambience while ac focuses on lots of noise and tons of things happening simultaneously. comparing ac and panda bear is like saying aphex and the tuss are the same thing.

deerhoof is part of a completely different milieu, and were at their popularity peak earlier, but otherwise your association is spot on with deerhunter anco panda bear gold panda and pitchfork.

1rbzgp.jpg

deerhunter and animal collective could not be more different. for one deerhunter plays with minimal soundscapes and ambience while ac focuses on lots of noise and tons of things happening simultaneously. comparing ac and panda bear is like saying aphex and the tuss are the same thing.

never said they sounded similar. do you know what milieu means?

hmm. since you guys cant tell the difference between those bands, i assumed you thought they were similar. my bad i guess. :shrug:

just esteemed by the same group. not that it matters. not that it doesn't. i'm not judging.

Archived