IGNORED

Battles - Gloss Drop

beariksson

Stanier has played for more bands than just Helmet. Are you gonna compare Battles to The Mark of Cain, or Tomahawk, or Pitchshifter?

No. Just Helmet.

You are slowly being backed into a corner where refusing to admit that Battles fucking rule is becoming more and more dangerous. Carefully rethink your stance and choose your words wisely, this does not bode well...

:cisfor:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stanier has played for more bands than just Helmet. Are you gonna compare Battles to The Mark of Cain, or Tomahawk, or Pitchshifter?

No. Just Helmet.

You are slowly being backed into a corner where refusing to admit that Battles fucking rule is becoming more and more dangerous. Carefully rethink your stance and choose your words wisely, this does not bode well...

:cisfor:

i think jefferoo is pretty clear in his love for helmet. those guys were a staple for me and my buds growing up too. personally i like both. helmet more for nostalgic purposes, battles more for just making some fun music. i kind of liked don cab a little better than battles but gloss drop (to me) is miles past mirrored and better in every way.

is anyone else going to the nyc show in october?

• 3 weeks later...

but gloss drop (to me) is miles past mirrored and better in every way.

Same here ! Due to my recent love for Gloss Drop I bought Mirrored on CD...I already knew most of the songs from this album, but god how disappointed was I ! Gloss Drop is way more "serious"...I've made my choice.

Plus their gig was one of the best I made :music:

• 2 months later...
Guest Lucy Faringold

Nice one, watching Stanier do his thing is just one of the most fun things. Make sure you get down the front!

Guest blakeboogie

Thanks to whoever bumped this. Was about to sell this on but had a listen last night after seeing this thread and I love the album now. Didn't click with me at all when I first heard it, now it's been on repeat for most of the day.

Can't wait to see them again at the end of the month.

Archived