IGNORED

Instra:mental - Resolution 653

nvm, I got myself confused with Commix because the Instra:mental Moog Remix of Japanese Electronics is one of the hottest tracks around...I expected something in the drum n' bass framework. Carry on...

If you don't know the remix...CHOOOOON!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFmdTDIOhzs

This is a great track alright, a standout on an otherwise mediocre remix album. Does his solo stuff up stack up to this?

• 1 month later...
Guest Lucy Faringold

This record is super-disappointing. Everything sounds weak and undeveloped. It's a shame cause they've put out some hot singles in the past.

This record is super-disappointing. Everything sounds weak and undeveloped. It's a shame cause they've put out some hot singles in the past.

I feel the same. Was expecting more considering the standards of there earlier releases.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest nene multiple assgasms

I just got this album yesterday, and I have a feeling it will become a longtime favorite. I didn't expect this to be an electro album, since I got this after having heard fabriclive 50. icy cold electro that manages not to sound nostalgic, except for maybe track 2. this sounds like the perfect album to listen to in the summer. I love listening to cold sounding music in warm weather (mind over matter).

• 5 months later...

I really enjoy the production and sound of it. It is quite sparse but somehow full. And thick. And digital...

I most like the way the drums are composed and the sound of them, and the way they are combined with the textures above them. The beats are upbeat but futuristic, and it all comes together in a very interesting way, structurally.

Also, it has a way of transporting you... into a sort of vacuum of darkness. Kind of cool, if not a bit scary.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got this album yesterday, and I have a feeling it will become a longtime favorite. [...] icy cold electro that manages not to sound nostalgic, except for maybe track 2.

That is my opinion as well. I recently managed to listen to it and now I can't stop. This album is bringing lots of elements of contemporary (uk) dance / bass music together, but in a very special, adult way. This is serious music and it is seriously great.

• 1 year later...

Archived