IGNORED

SAW2 limited brown vinyl - No. #000003 on eBay

Dragon

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Aphex-Twin-Ambient-Works-Vol-II-Vinyl-Mint-Ed-No-3_W0QQitemZ180640435109QQcategoryZ9993QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m263QQ_

28kgrhqqokjoe1uctlytnbn.jpg

The starting bid is £45, and it's got six days to go...

Where do you think No. #000001 is? Oh wait, yeah, Joyrex has two copies of it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

20 second samples repeated untill the song reaches the 10 minutes mark? For 45 pounds? No thanks.

You have just severely underrated one of the greatest albums of all time. Honestly, if that's really what you think of tracks like [rhubarb], [stone in focus] or [lichen], there's something seriously wrong with you.

Guest hahathhat

i can understand why you'd call it repetitive at first glance, but that's the same as calling a song repetitive because it has dozens of 808 snare snaps over the course of the track.

20 second samples repeated untill the song reaches the 10 minutes mark? For 45 pounds? No thanks.

I've got No.000004. Which will shortly be for sale, concidentally! I'm intrigued as to how much no.3 will go for. Surprisingly little, I'd guess.

If you do actually have #4, how did you come by it? Amazed these wouldn't be owned by Richard / Warp employees

I've got No.000004. Which will shortly be for sale, concidentally! I'm intrigued as to how much no.3 will go for. Surprisingly little, I'd guess.

If you do actually have #4, how did you come by it? Amazed these wouldn't be owned by Richard / Warp employees

because the ones sold to the public aren't like, numbered as they come off the press - literally all that would have happened is the sleeves sit there in some random order, someone puts stickers on them, and then the records would've been put in the sleeves.

what is most likely is that Warp employees / artists would have test pressings

Surely the artists don't ONLY have test pressings? Personally I'd be pissed if a label didn't give me actual copies of my own release, in addition to the tests. And low numbers too. The assumption that the artists/labels keep the lower numbered ones isn't so far off...

Surely the artists don't ONLY have test pressings? Personally I'd be pissed if a label didn't give me actual copies of my own release, in addition to the tests. And low numbers too. The assumption that the artists/labels keep the lower numbered ones isn't so far off...

*shrugs* test pressings are rarer than the actual ones

No I agree with you, just in the case of my own music - I have to say my experiences with vinyl (or any numbered edition of a release) have been to the contrary. Plus, as years go on, tests are fine and good but you never play them. I find it much more inspiring to go back to previous works if they're in the actual packaging.

Guest AcrossCanyons

I doubt the artists themselves are after the rarest of their own release. It does make sense that they would could have a test pressing tho (aswell as a reg one).

I doubt the artists themselves are after the rarest of their own release. It does make sense that they would could have a test pressing tho (aswell as a reg one).

oh yeah, definitely...i just mean that if there is a supposed rare version (if i'm not mistaken, there were at least two runs of the brown version, and one run of the black version which is actually rarer) i think...

oh fuck it, i dunno what i'm talking about now and i'm too tired to try to defend my admittedly posturing point.

i have no idea what i'm talking about, and i am just supposing.

ignore me, i need sleep my head and back hurts :(

Ironically in this case I have to assume that if RDJ pulls this record out on vinyl, he probably goes for the black wax, since the brown pressing sounds pretty terrible.

Ironically in this case I have to assume that if RDJ pulls this record out on vinyl, he probably goes for the black wax, since the brown pressing sounds pretty terrible.

yeah, as far as i can tell, most Warp coloured vinyl sounds like complete and utter shit and as a consequence i try my best to steer well clear of the coloured vinyl.

having said that, i have a very shit sounding 'virgin' vinyl record so it can go both ways

yeah, as far as i can tell, most Warp coloured vinyl sounds like complete and utter shit and as a consequence i try my best to steer well clear of the coloured vinyl.

having said that, i have a very shit sounding 'virgin' vinyl record so it can go both ways

Absolutely! I have colored 12"s from other labels besides Warp that sound fantastic, but then others from both Warp and Rephlex can get pretty dodgy (Empathy Box by Kinesthesia on the white vinyl comes to mind - OUCH!). I don't have it but I've heard the silver pressing of Incunabula is pretty rough too.

I bought it from a Rephlex artist, it was given to him by RDJ. I'm planning on putting all my records up for sale to fund my euro©rack habit.

I bought it from a Rephlex artist, it was given to him by RDJ. I'm planning on putting all my records up for sale to fund my euro©rack habit.

Now I'm seriously curious which Rephlex artist you've been in contact with. Care to divulge?

Now I'm seriously curious which Rephlex artist you've been in contact with. Care to divulge?

I'd gladly divulge that info in exchange for, mmm, a Cwejman VCO6. I'd throw in the record for free too :rdjgrin:

I pretty much assumed it was either goon or cylob, as I can't imagine anyone else on rephlex richard would've given one of his copies

Archived