IGNORED

NEW ANIMAL COLLECTIVE SONGS

MAXIMUS MISCHIEF

thats my favorite song on mpp.

that speaks volumes.

the one with the start/stop drum beat is going to be killer. ill just wait for 2013 when this stuff is on an album. i cant be bothered with their boots, tomboy was destroyed to me because of the singles/boots. im not doing that again.

whats your fav song hm? my girls?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the really long track sounds very promising. i hope they keep pushing the oddsac approach and even more importantly, mr fingers. that song may be my favorite thing they have done yet.

also, a lot of this sounds like spirit they've gone stuff, updated a bit with some of their new sound... perfect.

That last one especially...

Only flicked through these briefly... it's interesting... but I do wish they would return to less electronic stuff. I think the sound of Strawberry Jam and Feels is so much more unique than what they do now. I miss the feeling of listening to a song and thinking "how did they DO that?"

Same reason I don't like new Autechre as much as pre Draft7.30 Autechre. It's still really good, just not as otherworldly.

it does sound very very similar throughout. I think if they interspersed some of what they had left off (fall be kind) it could have been perfect.

tomboy suffers from the same thing IMO

it does sound very very similar throughout. I think if they interspersed some of what they had left off (fall be kind) it could have been perfect.

I agree... I find Fall Be Kind far easier to listen to for this reason... it has a range of slow, fast, dense, sparse, happy, sad and haunting bits. Merriweather has a nice feel and sound to it, but it's the same all the way through. Even No More Runnin got transformed from something really sparse, quiet and serene into something dense and quite frankly, a little bit obnoxious.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

new songs sound good but i'm wary of listening to them too much as it really does change how you feel about the album once it comes out. it can make the album better as you feel you have a strong connection with the track as you heard it develop or you can be like "wah the synth is too loud in the mix where is the guitar from the live version waaahh"

my fav track from mpp is blueish

my fav track from strawberry jam is #1

kinda pissed i missed these shows. one was here in sf and it sold out way too fast before i even knew it was on. the other in petaluma i could have easily driven too but didnt hear about it for some reason. it probably sold out too anyway.

yea i watched these vids once and i am never watching any again. i made that mistake with the MPP stuff. that stuff evolved so much though so it didnt really matter, but these songs are already super fleshed out it seems like , so i dont know how much room they have to change.

Guest spike

i was lucky enough to see these guys kill it int he redwoods this week, believe that these videos do no justice to the music they were playing that night. In fact, when i saw them the next night in SF the sound system was piss poor and it paled in comparison to the night before. It was pure trance brilliance. I loved that they played almost all new songs and the old ones where so tweeked out. LOVE THIS BAND. i saw them in 2005 before they got huge and they fucking killed it back then too with all the electronic synthesis etc. PRAISE BE INDEED!

I would hold out until they start playing europe this summer for better videos.

• 2 months later...

I saw them live once and it was boring. They're too jammy for me live; like Phish with more instruments that make actual noise. [some of] Their recorded stuff is interesting, but live it's just a reason to show off your clarks desert boots and gently mosh in an extremely dense crowd. All that being said, right as the show started, I got vomitted on by some dummy who hit his bowl one too many times, or something. That definitely made my experience less than ideal. Also, Animal Collective should go in the "Music that reminds you of your [Ex]-GF" thread, which is another reason I might be hating on them right now.

All THAT being said, if I recall correctly, brothersport is the only good track on MPP.

I've seen them two times in Berlin and the first one was very nice, the second one quite shitty... mostly due to the bad sound of the avenue, everything sounded like one big noise, very muddy and full, no room at all... They picked up a few known songs in different ways and a lot of unknown stuff happening...

Archived