IGNORED

Modern American Weather

vamos scorcho

it's been storming pretty much constantly the past few weeks now where I live. ohio

i check the weather every day, which is unusual. i've never had to do that so often.

tonight there is another tornado watch, so i'll be worrying about that while i try to focus on other things. it was kind of exciting for a few days but I'm getting tired of paying attention to it.

storms at night and in the morning are basically a given. there will be thunder during the night, more or less.

it's hard for me to sleep with the knowledge that storms are bearing down on the region.

I'm pretty sure there have been a lot of tornados in the west. so their storms keep hitting us after the tornados have whittled away.

floods

it's scary and somewhat humbling to think that if the weather wants to get bad it will get bad, and there is really no control or avoiding it.

does anybody have insider scientific knowledge on the real effects of global warming? is the weather going to get worse, actually? or is that a kind of myth?

anyhow, this thread is for all that and a dimesack

so yeah, this thread

is a lot of fun

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH YES, one important question:

Tornados. How do they work?

I need to know if a tornado can form without there being a 'severe storm' first.

It doesn't look like lightning or even heavy rain are going on but the clouds are scary as hell and the wind is very fast.

I am only worried if there are tornados.

we are creating the storms with our fears and anxiety

any scientific reason will do.

yeah, i must say. i'm scared at least 50% of the time that I'm awake

How tornadoes form.

I live in Texas and its pretty windy over here too. Like lots of heavy wind. No rain, although they said we were going to have thunder storms.

I think we had some delayed flights due to the weather in Ohio. I work at a restaurant at a hotel so they give people vouchers when their flights get delayed and I serve them.

it's been storming pretty much constantly the past few weeks now where I live. ohio

i check the weather every day, which is unusual. i've never had to do that so often.

tonight there is another tornado watch, so i'll be worrying about that while i try to focus on other things. it was kind of exciting for a few days but I'm getting tired of paying attention to it.

storms at night and in the morning are basically a given. there will be thunder during the night, more or less.

it's hard for me to sleep with the knowledge that storms are bearing down on the region.

I'm pretty sure there have been a lot of tornados in the west. so their storms keep hitting us after the tornados have whittled away.

floods

it's scary and somewhat humbling to think that if the weather wants to get bad it will get bad, and there is really no control or avoiding it.

does anybody have insider scientific knowledge on the real effects of global warming? is the weather going to get worse, actually? or is that a kind of myth?

anyhow, this thread is for all that and a dimesack

so yeah, this thread

is a lot of fun

I grew up in Columbus, OH. You've just described April weather to me. It rains all the time and it's mostly cold.

May and June are beautiful, but it gets hot as fucking balls in July.

Floods on a biblical scale are annual, and tornado warnings are common. The hot and cold fronts collide in the Spring.

There was a tornado that ripped through my backyard once. Sounds like a freight train.

Columbus summers are what made me decide I hate it there. waking up every day in that climate ...

but yeah. we had a tornado here in cinci back in 99. went over my house, or near by.

Jules that tornado video is absolutely awe inspiring. that may be the greatest footage I've seen of a tornado. so close.

Guest Enter a new display name

Not american but up here in Ottawa we got 100km/h winds today. It blew down trees, tore shingles off of some peoples' roofs, and even tore the siding off of a few houses or so I hear. Anybody else feel that shit?

Yeah, I totally felt it, bro. This thread is about american weather so I won't get involved in this matter.

Not american but up here in Ottawa we got 100km/h winds today. It blew down trees, tore shingles off of some peoples' roofs, and even tore the siding off of a few houses or so I hear. Anybody else feel that shit?

it almost threw me into a pickup truck while i was going through an intersection on my bike today. then a few seconds later, all these tree branches started flying into the street, and i had to cut across a bunch of lanes to avoid getting hit. plus the traffic lights were out. fun times.

i heard on the news today that tornadoes have decreased in other cuontrie around the world

but dont trust the news farther than you cant throw it, theyve been lying to me always

Guest Gbiscuit

HAARP.

Also, as usual, nothing of significance in Michigan other than a hefty storm to fall asleep to.

People complain about the weather here in California and I always think about how back home the weather can KILL YOU.

It's only an annoyance at best out here.

this is pretty sick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ohIVzIZLuQ

:cerious: Holy shit!!!... Having been in a tornado before and having had to outrun one before in a car, I gotta say that vid is amazing, that tornado is HUGE, I wonder if the camera guy realizes how fucking lucky he is to be alive with how close he got, especially since the windsheild cracked. There have been tornadoes smaller than that that have been known to drive debris as small as a piece of hay trough a brick wall. He was damn close to getting his shit absolutely rocked by that tornado and it wouldn't have taken a very large piece of debris to make those car windows shatter and become a shower of high speed glass.

Florida has been surprisingly quiet so far weather-wise. I think the midwest has gotten most of the storms, tornados, wind, and flooding we usually get this time of year.

Just wait for Hurricane season. We all get our turn.

Archived