IGNORED

the complex aroma of asparagus infused urine

keltoi

Guest tht tne

At least it's convenient that you're usually the only person to smell your piss...

i'm gonna go ahead and suggest that asparagus be banned from Salvatorin's prospective forest society

fucking a+ thread. I have always wondered this myself. I took a piss while my wife was in the shower one morning last week after having asperges with dinner. she was not happy with my aroma.

Drink more water?

Being a tap water junky, I can assure you that drinking 10-15 liters a day still doesn't get rid of the smell.

yeah this isn't about dehydration or too much coffee here. it's the asparagus infused urine phenomena.

Asparagus "...transforms my chamber-pot into a flask of perfume." Marcel Proust (1871–1922)

Guest Coalbucket PI

At least it's convenient that you're usually the only person to smell your piss...

I think it hangs around, if you eat asparagus and then start drinking and everyone is going in for a leak every half hour it starts to hum. I've tried flushing while urinating but it's not sufficient.

I read recently that only a certain percentage of people are affected by this, but the reason is not because they are able to process the chemical, it is because they do not have the right receptors to be able to smell it.

100% TRufax

I can smell it... hmmmmmm

(worst is when your in a pub urinal and you know the guy pissing next to you had asparagus for dinner! :facepalm: )

(worst is when your in a pub urinal and you know the guy pissing next to you had asparagus for dinner! :facepalm: )

and you lean in to inhale deeply and he's like wtf!!

Drink more water?

Being a tap water junky, I can assure you that drinking 10-15 liters a day still doesn't get rid of the smell.

yeah this isn't about dehydration or too much coffee here. it's the asparagus infused urine phenomena.

Asparagus "...transforms my chamber-pot into a flask of perfume." Marcel Proust (1871–1922)

Jesus fuckman, 10-15 liters a day?

Your bladder must look like

exercise%20ball%20office%20chair.png

lol @ that proust quote. bed ridden mommas boy enjoys the smell of his own piss, writes 20 pages about trying to sleep - the world can't thank him enough

Jesus fuckman, 10-15 liters a day?

Your bladder must look like

exercise%20ball%20office%20chair.png

I know, I'm infamous. I drink these extraordinarily huge amounts when I want to loose weight or when I work out, but I always drink well above the minimal amount that is suggested. 5 liter is a minimum for me, I just got used to it somehow. I always walk around in my house with a big 5 l water canister and I refill it at the tap once or twice a day. Last time my canister broke, I didn't have a new one for a while, and I ended up drinking less cause I was too lazy to get up and get myself a new glass of water as I always finished it in one go. Oh and, this shouldn't be done in an area that has lousy tap water quality. Fortunately for me, my city has a quite good supply.

But it doesn't actually mean you get a big bladder, I can "only" drink about 2 liters in one go. I guess it does give you a very flexible stomach however. The result is that I'm rarely hungry (helps with loosing weight) but can eat ridiculous amounts as well which can be fun. I rarely get hungry, I rarely get full. But I get appetite of course so I'm not running a risk to starve myself or something, hell no. I like food and cooking way too much for that.

This sounds rather extreme to most people but it's actually healthier than doing what most people do. That is, drink like no water at all, but a bottle of coke or that diet coke shit, coffee etc. A couple weeks ago, a friend of mine said something like "Jeez, I'm constantly running to the bathroom, this is so annoying, I tried to drink more, like the doctor suggested, but I can't ... I just CAN'T drink a WHOLE liter of water in only one day" and I was like :fear:

Archived