IGNORED

the complex aroma of asparagus infused urine

keltoi

the asparagus tinged urine phenomena is continually astounding to me.

last night for dinner i had assorted salad leaves with asparagus cooked in garlic with parma ham and parmesan drizzled in a fine extra virgin. it was deeeeee eeeeee lish!

less than half an hour later (no exaggeration) went for a piss and the smell almost floored me. christ there's definately something about asparagus the human body doesn't like. but it's repulsive and alluring at the same time, like i always lean into the bowl and inhale deeply just to get the full hit. it smells like hamster piss. i know cos i used to smell hamster piss all the time when i was young.

:rhubear1:

Guest uptown devil

i had this experience recently, and at the time made the observation that it smelled quite a bit like sugar smacks cereal.

:cisfor:

Guest Coalbucket PI

Sometimes my wee smells of sugar puffs and I haven't eaten any since I was a child. Asparagus wee smell can get through me in ten minutes, I'm impressed. Maybe its an easy measure of glomerular filtration rate? I used to not eat asparagus just because of the piss stink but I decided to man up and I don't regret it.

My roommate ate eggs and onions for breakfast the other day. I didn't stick around after that, but I'm sure there was some kind of emergency situation.

sugarpuffs also have the same affect ummhummm sugarpuff wee

I thought I was the only one.

We could have a sugarpuff party! oh ermm....

Guest nene multiple assgasms

You gotta eat lots of beets with your asparagus. Then your pee is stinky AND pink, and you get bonus points.

beets only turn some people's urine pink.

I read recently that only a certain percentage of people are affected by this, but the reason is not because they are able to process the chemical, it is because they do not have the right receptors to be able to smell it.

Too much coffee plus too little other fluid = pop corn scented urine. I mentioned this in the party thread last night. I could see peanut scent being another interpretation of the same phenomenon. Dehydration I'm sure is a common problem among fellow watmmers.

I asparapissed onto a bush the other day and watched it wilt seconds after my toxic fluids splashed against it. It pleased me.

Drink more water?

Being a tap water junky, I can assure you that drinking 10-15 liters a day still doesn't get rid of the smell.

I had spicy cabbage for lunch

no you didn't

sugarpuffs also have the same affect ummhummm sugarpuff wee

I thought I was the only one.

We could have a sugarpuff party! oh ermm....

Don't like sugarpuffs but I'm in for the peeing bit :flower:

sugarpuffs was my usual breakfast for a while, probably 2 weeks, when i was a kid. tbh i dont remember what it did to my piss smell.

If they're anything like Sugar Crisp, then yes they are possibly the least edible cereal you could choose. That said, I still went through an entire box a couple weeks ago. I remember having them at my grandma's house when I was 4 and being sort of baffled by the taste and texture of the food she had given me. I decided to give it a second try 2+ decades later. I'll try them again once I've hit senior citizen status.

Archived