IGNORED

'News Of The World' Phone-Hacking Scandal

Redruth

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dilbthelame

Did I miss anything?

may also be worth pointing out that this is pretty much the first time politicians are saying anything significant against news international/the murdoch press, given that previously he had been greasing the wheels to power (ie making deals and throwing the weight of his papers behind the incoming governments) for about 30 years, and now to be affiliated with him is political suicide at the minute.

also that rebekah brooks/wade, the editor of NOTW at the time, has kept her job as chief executive of news international while all the employees there now are losing their jobs

oh and apparently the paper was also paying bribes to metropolitan police officers while doing this. yay corruption!

Guest hahathhat

i hope this shit stresses murdoch out and he dies at the peak moment of his greased palms walking away from him

but it's more likely he thrives on this shit.

It will be rebranded, but this is the first nail in the coffin of print journalism.

the first? that coffin's got more nails than a skanky old hairdresser.

but magazine subscriptions among young people are up, apparently. disclaimer: i read that in a magazine.

I subscribe to a magazine. In fact, it's a magazine that posts all of its content online for free - but I still pay for the print edition because I prefer it (and I like to support it).

The Chap?

Did I miss anything?

may also be worth pointing out that this is pretty much the first time politicians are saying anything significant against news international/the murdoch press, given that previously he had been greasing the wheels to power (ie making deals and throwing the weight of his papers behind the incoming governments) for about 30 years, and now to be affiliated with him is political suicide at the minute.

also that rebekah brooks/wade, the editor of NOTW at the time, has kept her job as chief executive of news international while all the employees there now are losing their jobs

oh and apparently the paper was also paying bribes to metropolitan police officers while doing this. yay corruption!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/feb/04/david-cameron-dinner-rebekah-brooks-mystery

Guest Iain C

It will be rebranded, but this is the first nail in the coffin of print journalism.

the first? that coffin's got more nails than a skanky old hairdresser.

but magazine subscriptions among young people are up, apparently. disclaimer: i read that in a magazine.

I subscribe to a magazine. In fact, it's a magazine that posts all of its content online for free - but I still pay for the print edition because I prefer it (and I like to support it).

SOS?

The Chap?

Not quite:

3271583175_ce3027ccbe.jpg

It's been going since 1912, and you can read the latest issue here: http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poetrymagazine/toc/2358

She's such a disgustingly amoral and nefarious individual, still can't help finding her quite attractive though. The hair maybe.

i just googled this woman. i am appalled that someone i am able to directly address is sexually attracted to this firey ham beast. my urge to touch her can only go so far as a wet willy on any level i can imagine.

What I think is interesting about the whole "200 people sacked due to closing down NOTW", is that it doesn't look like they realized that by putting 200 people on the streets, they created 200 potential "enemies" with inside-knowledge. So we may very well see a "tabloids against tabloids" warfare the following period. As seems to be already the case (The Guardian posting about the management deleting millions of emails), but this will probably intensify even more.

I'm hopeful the whole tabloid-industry will implode on itself. They make money by selling news. But what if the news that sells, is the news that puts the whole industry into discredit? If they don't sell the news, they'll save their ass but will make considerably less money. If they do, they uncover their own corrupted industry, but make some temporay money (and hopefully fail to exist in the long run).

Guest Lucy Faringold

Coogan wasn't great on this but his performance was entertaining. He seemed to be on the cusp of seguing into "You feed beef-burgers to swans" on a couple of occasions.

Having Will Self on at the end was a good idea. He always comes across as being the only sane and collected person in any given heated discussion.

Archived