IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Spear the doughnuts with your tumescent willy and march around the office barking orders at the women and shouting "stick this on facebook you plebs." You won't feel dead inside.

lol

"hey that doughnut didn't have a hole in it before!"

Or the oozing white custard.

Edited by spratters

Excel is doing bad math/getting the wrong answers and it's fucking with my finance homework....

I put 407.86 * 3000 in my calculator and I get 1223580, which is, according to my lab (and multiple calculators), the correct answer.

For some reason the identical calculation in Excel is giving me 1223571. My spreadsheet is based on multiple calculations and I'm relying on Excel, I don't want to put all these calculations in my calculator manually!

Any ideas guys?

Is the 407.86 an entered value or is it calculated from other cells/input? Even If you format a cell or cells to display a fixt number of decimal places, excel still retains/uses the digits beyond the last decimal place in calculations referencing that cell. Reckon it probably has something to do with this.

Excel is doing bad math/getting the wrong answers and it's fucking with my finance homework....

I put 407.86 * 3000 in my calculator and I get 1223580, which is, according to my lab (and multiple calculators), the correct answer.

For some reason the identical calculation in Excel is giving me 1223571. My spreadsheet is based on multiple calculations and I'm relying on Excel, I don't want to put all these calculations in my calculator manually!

Any ideas guys?

Is the 407.86 an entered value or is it calculated from other cells/input? Even If you format a cell or cells to display a fixt number of decimal places, excel still retains/uses the digits beyond the last decimal place in calculations referencing that cell. Reckon it probably has something to do with this.

In this particular instance it is a sum of two other numbers, calculated. Maybe that's the issue... I wonder if there is a way to turn that off. Seems like a number of people would have errors as a result of this!

It's to prevent rounding error from accumulating over a series of operations, which under most circumstances is a good thing. I'm pretty sure you can have excel return a cell value rounded to a specified number of digits by putting your expression inside the ROUND() function - this would probably be the most straightforward means to your end.

i'm a lot more lactose intolerant than i'm willing to admit

I can relate to this... gf made cheesy hashbrown casserole the other night, loaded with cheese and sour cream and beef... it was delicious and i ate a fuck ton, but later in the evening my body hated me for ingesting so much cheese

I was diagnosed with splayfeet ~2months ago and got inlays for my shoes. They told me to wait 5-6 weeks until my feet had adapted to them, before I could go running again. That would´ve been two weeks ago, buut right on time (with the beginning of spring...) I got an ingrown toenail and after two weeks of treating it with Iodine I had to have surgery. And the reason for all of this: shoes :cerious:

Edited by plstik

I was diagnosed with splayfeet ~2months ago and got inlays for my shoes. They told me to wait 5-6 weeks until my feet had adapted to them, before I could go running again. That would´ve been two weeks ago, buut right on time (with the beginning of spring...) I got an ingrown toenail and after two weeks of treating it with Iodine I had to have surgery. And the reason for all of this: shoes :cerious:

Ugh I know how you feel... I had this a couple years back when I was 19 I think. But I let it get so bad that all four edges of my big toes were f'ed up really bad and I had to have surgery too. =(

had this before when I was 13-14 on the same toe, now they took care of the oder side of the nail.. I have a rather small toe nail now on my big left toe. :emotawesomepm9:

Guest Aserinsky

Ingrowing toe nails are the worst thing ever. I was meant to have an operation when I got them on both my big toes at 11, but because I was somehow put on a two year waiting list they had to remove the roots and I now have no toenails on either of my big toes :cerious:

yepp, i had my big toes ingrown as well. the dr. took my left nail off completely and i kinda wish he would have done the same to my right for symmetry. the surgery was HORRIBLE, dr. had to stab my toes with a needle and was aiming for the nerves.. i was swearing my head off the whole time

Guest Frankie5fingers

my doc numbed up my toe, clipped the ingrown nail, then dipped a stick in some kinda paste then rammed it up under my nail. the paste then burned away the nail bed. it actually didnt hurt as bad as it sounds, the ingrown nail actually hurt more than the procedure.

yepp, i had my big toes ingrown as well. the dr. took my left nail off completely and i kinda wish he would have done the same to my right for symmetry. the surgery was HORRIBLE, dr. had to stab my toes with a needle and was aiming for the nerves.. i was swearing my head off the whole time

thats horrible, its like i can almost feel it in my big toes just thinking about it

Guest Aserinsky

You all weren't put under general anaesthetic? Holy crap I can't imagine how painful that was, I just remember how much pain I was in when they had to squeeze the blood back into the toe after bandaging off the flow for 24 hours. I stayed silent the whole time but holy shit that on its own was near close to death.

So, missing toenails for most IDM 2014?

Edited by Aserinsky

So, missing toenails for most IDM 2014?

you got my vote

The shots at the beginning are the worst yes...they ended up giving me the double dosage(=2x2shots) because the front of my toe still wasn´t numb, it was blown up like a balloon lol

I had 3 nurses pinching me with pencils/scissors one after another.. I still felt more than I wanted to, but the surgery was over in <5min, so I just counted dots on the wall to keep my mind busy..

There was a guy on 420 who just yelled "WOOOOO!" every 10 seconds for literally the whole day.

You live next door to the BOC forum?

Guest Aserinsky

There was a guy on 420 who just yelled "WOOOOO!" every 10 seconds for literally the whole day.

You live next door to the BOC forum?

Yeah this was probably us putting our toes with no nail together in a hexagon, hoping a new 6 digit number would suddenly appear across our deformed digits. Sorry about that.