IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I went back to work after three week holiday to find my shift pattern began with one 12hr shift followed by two days off. Great right?

The last two days seem to have passed in a blink of a drunken eye and suddenly I'm on a train back to work feeling like a freshly toasted pile of turds. Actually think I'm still drunk, and the hangover is waiting in the wings....

I still can't find a job so I have to spend all my time DJing and writing badass tunes. It's gotten so out of hand I've written like 4 hours of music in 2013.

*high five*

Not getting work is the best/worst. I haven't been working enough for... a long time, and I've been pretty productive as a result. The bank account's certainly seen better days though. I'd have one month left of the freewheeling life were I not able to draw from sources that still owe me money. Being a near-inept-and-patient-as-fuck business man does have its rewards in a weird way, provided I get clients that are decent, honest people --so far it's been the case in all but one instance.

Now im curious about this "one instance"

There was this girl who wanted to release a CD of Christmas covers for her friends and family. After she sang the songs, it was my job to arrange all the music -bass, guitar, keyboards, percussion, etc. She said to just add whatever I thought it needed. So I did, and when i told her how much she owed me she said something along the lines of "but I didn't realize I had to pay for that, I thought those would be like the finishing touches or something..." :facepalm: So she just ends up refusing to pay for all the work I did (around $200) and I'm stuck with all these shitty christmas carols. I did end up turning her cover of Silent Night into a noise track that made its way onto the 2011 watmm xmas comp. It was deeply satisfying mangling her vocals for that! I might release a noise EP of the rest of her covers this xmas.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

Guest Teribal Felafal

was just fired from my job due to telling the wrong joke to the wrong person. wasn't even a bad joke either fml.

was just fired from my job due to telling the wrong joke to the wrong person. wasn't even a bad joke either fml.

what was the joke?

Guest Teribal Felafal

'hurry up, [coworker]' in disgruntled but a obvious cartoonish voice while wearing casual clothing in front of a customer so she'd serve me quicker.

i guess the customer didn't like it or did the coworker and especially the boss. what boggles my mind is why she'd report that to him since everyone knows he's a major cunt and we were always friendly. cans. cans of beans.

Guest jasondonervan

I still can't find a job so I have to spend all my time DJing and writing badass tunes. It's gotten so out of hand I've written like 4 hours of music in 2013.

*high five*

Not getting work is the best/worst. I haven't been working enough for... a long time, and I've been pretty productive as a result. The bank account's certainly seen better days though. I'd have one month left of the freewheeling life were I not able to draw from sources that still owe me money. Being a near-inept-and-patient-as-fuck business man does have its rewards in a weird way, provided I get clients that are decent, honest people --so far it's been the case in all but one instance.

There was this girl who wanted to release a CD of Christmas covers for her friends and family. After she sang the songs, it was my job to arrange all the music -bass, guitar, keyboards, percussion, etc. She said to just add whatever I thought it needed. So I did, and when i told her how much she owed me she said something along the lines of "but I didn't realize I had to pay for that, I thought those would be like the finishing touches or something..." :facepalm: So she just ends up refusing to pay for all the work I did (around $200) and I'm stuck with all these shitty christmas carols. I did end up turning her cover of Silent Night into a noise track that made its way onto the 2011 watmm xmas comp. It was deeply satisfying mangling her vocals for that! I might release a noise EP of the rest of her covers this xmas.

"I didn't realise that you actually have to pay creative people to do something..."

"I didn't realise that you actually have to pay creative people to do something..."

Haha pretty much! It was really offensive.

I think you will enjoy this.

http://vimeo.com/22053820

Cool, I may check it out in full later. Sounds like there could be some good advice in there for me. I think for the most part since my clients are other creative people I don't generally have this problem. It's telling that the one time it happened was with a client who didn't create anything themselves, and the only client I've had that fits that description. Coincidence?

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

*high five*

Lol, noise is what those tracks needed. So pretty much the only thing she contributed was a vocal track?

edit: you should give her the noise tracks for free :rdjgrin:

Edited by Danny O Flannagin

Guest Gravity

hot office, shit aircon, woman who talks complete and utter shit all day is back from her holidays.

I'm sorry. Just try to find solace on WATMM.

fuck it, I posted it. fuck 'em if they can't take a joke. it's not an offensive shop in any way.

Let us know how it goes. :ok:

Edited by Gravity

I just killed a bug that was flying around the room being creepy and now I feel terrible. I even used my electric fly swatter-thingy, to make its death as quick as possible, but still... Usually I would've grabbed it and put it outside, but that was just not possible with this one.

I'm sad now :<

Edited by Friendly Foil

I personally don't care what words people use unless they are deliberately being hateful. I get why some people get offended, but it's the user's intention that matters most. Pretty sure delet doesn't hate gay people, he just likes the sound of that word.

Yeah I'm sure that Delet doesn't hate gay people. I don't think his using the word has anything to do with gay people.

But the problem is that the word is a trigger. There are gay people who got called faggot all through high-school and that word still carries the same impact.

But yeah those people should totally lighten up, right? :nelson:

i was called all sorts of things in highschool. Really had a miserable time. At no point did i blame language.

Wow i can't believe how passive aggressive you are about this whole thing.

BTW no I'm not a dupe I browsed WATMM for roughly 6 months before joining but that's it.

Also I'm bisexual and as the result of years of torment the word 'faggot' causes me great anxiety.

Hopefully this isn't opening up old wounds but I've just seen this fantastic extract from Louie (I'm only seen the third series, I think this is from the first) that touches the situation really nicely -

(Ffwd to 5 mins if you've zero attention span - but you're missing out)

Etymology

The word meaning "bundle of sticks" is ultimately derived, via Old French, Italian and Vulgar Latin, from Latin fascis (also the origin of the word fascism).[6] The origins of the word as an offensive epithet for homosexuals are rather obscure, although the word has been used in English since the late 16th century as an abusive term for women, particularly old women,[7] and reference to homosexuality may derive from this,[6][8] as female terms are often used with reference to homosexual or effeminate men (cf. nancy, sissy, queen). The application of the term to old women is possibly a shortening of the term "faggot-gatherer", applied in the 19th century to people, especially older widows, who made a meagre living by gathering and selling firewood.[8] It may also derive from the sense of "something awkward to be carried" (compare the use of the word "baggage" as a pejorative term for old people in general).[6] Use of the word as a general insult, not necessarily implying homosexuality, is either a continuation or extension of this older usage[7] or of the homosexual usage.

Unsubstantiated associations

It is sometimes claimed that the modern slang meaning developed from the standard meaning of "faggot" as "bundle of sticks for burning," presumably with reference to burning at the stake.[6] It is true that supposed witches and heretics were burnt to death in some parts of Europe, and were often accused of deviant sexual behaviour.[9] However, any association of the term faggot with executions had long become a historical curiosity by the time the slang sense of the word arose in twentieth-century America.[6] Moreover, burning was never prescribed as a punishment for homosexuality in either Britain or America.[8][6]This explanation is therefore considered to be an urban legend.[6]

An alternative possibility is that the word is connected with the practice of fagging in British private schools, in which younger boys performed (potentially sexual) duties for older boys,[6] although the word faggot was never used in this context, only fag. There is a reference to the word faggot being used in 17th century Britain to refer to a "man hired into military service simply to fill out the ranks at muster", but there is no known connection with the word's modern pejorative usage.[6]

Bolstering the sympathy grab with lies doesn't help, it was sufficient to talk about the being beaten up thing, rather than prefacing it with an urban legend from the community.

Getting my wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow and im stressing about the recovery period. I'll be missing at least 1 class and two days of work. I want to get back into the groove of things as fast as possible and not just sit around recovering

i dropped the wireless keyboard facedown on the floor and two keys dropped off and they won't click back in wtf !!<-- that's one of them, felt weird pressing the naked key.

that fucking sucks, dude