IGNORED

MAYFAX TWIN

solarion

I was searching for box sets of Philip Glass's Einstein on the Beach, and found this part of an interview

http://camworld.org/nonfiction/philip.glass.interview.html

Barrett: How do you feel about mainstream music? Music that the younger generation listens to.

Glass: Tell me what that is.

Lee Velo (photographer): As opposed to classical you mean?

Barrett: Right, as opposed to opera and classical.

Glass: You mean people like Natalie Merchant, people like...I know a lot of those people and I work with them too. I did a record arrangement, a song arrangement for Dorissa Monte. Do you know her? A Brazilian, a beautiful Brazilian singer. And I did an arrangement for Susan Vega, for one of her records. I have a lot of friends who work in the field of popular and commercial music. There's another young guy named Mayfax Twin who's a guy, a dance-music guy from London. I just did a remix of his music. And now he's going to do a remix of my music. I'm in touch with that world. I don't spend a lot of time with it, but I do a couple of song arrangements a year

so yeah, I'm kind of drunk.

I was searching for box sets of Philip Glass's Einstein on the Beach, and found this part of an interview

http://camworld.org/nonfiction/philip.glass.interview.html

Barrett: How do you feel about mainstream music? Music that the younger generation listens to.

Glass: Tell me what that is.

Lee Velo (photographer): As opposed to classical you mean?

Barrett: Right, as opposed to opera and classical.

Glass: You mean people like Natalie Merchant, people like...I know a lot of those people and I work with them too. I did a record arrangement, a song arrangement for Dorissa Monte. Do you know her? A Brazilian, a beautiful Brazilian singer. And I did an arrangement for Susan Vega, for one of her records. I have a lot of friends who work in the field of popular and commercial music. There's another young guy named Mayfax Twin who's a guy, a dance-music guy from London. I just did a remix of his music. And now he's going to do a remix of my music. I'm in touch with that world. I don't spend a lot of time with it, but I do a couple of song arrangements a year

so yeah, I'm kind of drunk.

maybe the interviewer was drunk too

could've been on purpose. it's a way of disassociating yourself with someone/something when you reference them, so as to say, "i am aware of this person/thing but not intimately enough to even know how to properly pronounce the name, so please dont think that I acutally have respect for this person/thing"

i.e. george bush pronouncing Iraq "i-rack"

to be honest it wasn't really a very interesting piece to begin with and Glass's version was lame as hell. I think aphex was just riding the wave of fame at the time and ended up slofting it out to be arranged into an orchestral piece without putting much thought into whether it really was exemplary of his standards of quality of his work, but only because it already sounded kind of orchestral.

to be honest it wasn't really a very interesting piece to begin with and Glass's version was lame as hell. I think aphex was just riding the wave of fame at the time and ended up slofting it out to be arranged into an orchestral piece without putting much thought into whether it really was exemplary of his standards of quality of his work, but only because it already sounded kind of orchestral.

What?

Easily goes down as one of my favourite 8 minutes of music ever ever.

Archived