IGNORED

Hip Hop (Boom Bap) - The Thread

Npoess

Just got tickets to go see Westside Gunn in Philadelphia next month. Imma have to get a big ass bracelet now so I fit in at the show. Can't wait!

• Like 2

MIKE's just put another album out he doesn't rest that's for sure

5 hours ago, decibal cooper said:

Just got tickets to go see Westside Gunn in Philadelphia next month. Imma have to get a big ass bracelet now so I fit in at the show. Can't wait!

Nice one that's gonna be sick

• Like 1

Less than 24 hours until new Roc Marciano drops. So pumped! Might have to stay up past my bedtime this evening so I can listen right when it's up. Gonna listen to some of his classics in the meantime.

Niggas throwin salt but what's that for the lord can walk among us, warmongers.

• Like 1

First listen, and I simply cannot believe this. The boy done cheffed up so many bricks that his wrist went diamond. Incredible!

Still digesting, but have been enjoying the album so far. There are some beats by long time collaborators Animoss and Alchemist, but Roc does the lion's share of production on this album, and his production sounds great, definitely more hi fi then his usual dusty soul sample drums-low-in-the-mix referencing pimp culture and blaxploitation films, although that aesthetic is still present and pronounced in places. I enjoyed his verse in the song Larry Bird: 'like Operation Paperclip it don't cost a lotta paper to get you clipped' 😂 🔥

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dumplings said:

Really liked this track straight off the first listen. Gonna replay this a bunch!

Yeah it's an excellent track. Both Higher Self and Killin' Spree have a kind of spagetti-western soundtrack vibe that I like, also really like the tension and release of the guitar and drums on this one:

• Like 1