IGNORED

Scintilli out in '11

Guest sirch

Guest sirch

Welcome, :sup: to the thread with that new car smell.

f-f-fresh.

seeing as we know it'll be out later this year, thought should make a new thread...

and the old one is old now.

Scintilli out in '11, for (97%) sure! :emotawesomepm9:

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sirch

after all the build up and chat, and a 2+ year old thread about it supposed to be coming out in 2009, and them having named the album aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago and supposedly reworked it a few times and spent so long tweaking it, i just hope it's good!! lol

that would be really bad if it wasn't so good. :sad: + :blush:

Guest AcrossCanyons

Is it *definitely* out this year?

2012 :facepalm:

it's looking pretty positive. titsandacid posted a scan of his invitation to the private listening party and somebody (sorry, forgot who) rang into the venue or something to confirm it?

Guest sirch

I did. But I'm not sure the lady knew what I was asking about. I also got myself this fancy new warn-status-bar because of the whole thing. :happy:

That invitation card thing, where'd you get that in the first place, Tits?

i think that must be more cos you made a dupe account and were about to troll the forum (?). not cos you rang up the venue.

you shady mo'fo, you.

Of course that's because I made that account and not because I rang up France.

I had a joke in mind, I was gonna poorly impersonate a Warp official with Jerry Jackson-esque language, telling everyone that TEH ALLBUN WIL BE RELISD 23ST OF THE SETERMBER. I think it's pretty obvious that I wasn't gonna use an account called "DicksAndFlaccid" to back-up TitsAndAcid's claims, it was meant to be a statement about Tit's credibility (since, at that time, I didn't believe him, yet) - Would have been a mild lol to overcome the disappointment that nothing was announced on August 1st, but oh well, the rules and all that ... :rolleyes:

Then I rang up there because I was interested whether the whole thing might be true after all.

Guest sirch

Of course that's because I made that account and not because I rang up France.

I had a joke in mind, I was gonna poorly impersonate a Warp official with Jerry Jackson-esque language, telling everyone that TEH ALLBUN WIL BE RELISD 23ST OF THE SETERMBER. I think it's pretty obvious that I wasn't gonna use an account called "DicksAndFlaccid" to back-up TitsAndAcid's claims, it was meant to be a statement about Tit's credibility (since, at that time, I didn't believe him, yet) - Would have been a mild lol to overcome the disappointment that nothing was announced on August 1st, but oh well, the rules and all that ... :rolleyes:

Then I rang up there because I was interested whether the whole thing might be true after all.

hmmm, are you sure you're not TitsAndAcid? :emotawesomepm9:

anyhoo i hope we can hear some samples soon........

I like how the name of the album is spelled into the artwork, class!

the song "35 Summers" is nice, but it could also work as a sort of interlude, half way point in the album. Its pretty chill, thats why I say that.

Tracklisting should go up soon..I will definitely go to the SF and LA shows, they are the last 2 of the entire tour, should be amazing. This will be my 5th and 6th time seeing 'em!

re-read that mini review

sounds like there are 2 slower tracks (one being "35 Summers") so don't think this is gonna be an ambient LP! Also the 1st track could be slow, Tits said its sorta Sigur Ros sounding.

Hoping the album is at least 50-55 mins long, after the wait you might be pissed if it was 40 mins like the new radiohead LP (even tho it was great, 38 mins left more to be desired)

since Aphex and BoC aren't giving us any new music, I'm so psyched we have Plaid - new shirt, new album, world tour. I hope BoC look at this for inspiration when their LP finally drops.

By the time the new Boc drops, Plaid have released 2 full length albums, 2 soundtracks, a few remixes and done 2 world tours and tons of live dates in-between.

Hey, finally!! I love the cover artwork! And the little thing you assemble with the CD looks pretty cool... I'll have to wait until I get home to listen to the song though. I don't hear much excitement for it so is it not that good, or what?

Oh, and THANKS TitsAndAcid for your reporting... I believed you all along ;)

I don't hear much excitement for it so is it not that good, or what?

its great, its just chill, slow, not like some of their faster epic sounding songs. I'm guessing around 12 tracks. Tits said a "club" like track, a few slow chill pieces, maybe a neo dubstep track in there for good measure.

anyone who didn't believe Tits is stupid, all you had to do is go to Twitter, search the words "plaid" and the name of that French Venue, like 5-6 people were talking about it. "dont feed the trolls" haha, do some research first lads..

Archived